1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Surprises!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by runner246, Jan 28, 2010.

1. runner246

runner246 Guest

So, guess what? I'm on one of those dating sites (not one of THOSE dating sites, but one of the good ones, you know what i mean). Anyway, you'll never guess who I saw?? Right! My old history teacher back in high school. Totally weirded me out. I mean, you don't run into people like that on the gay scene! We started chatting and he was totally cool with it. I mean, like he ran into one of his students every day. Crazy.

So I was just wondering if anyone else had any weird things happen like that, where they run into a friend in vegas or something :grin:

2. Johnnieguy

I have:
    -(in elementary school) run into my principle in the South Dakota Badlands.
    -(in high school) ran into my classmates on the streets of Manhattan..It was spring break and they were there with the school theatre department and I was there with family
    -(in college) had a complete stranger come up to me at LaGuardia Airport and asked me if the SJU on my hat is the SJU in Collegeville...He was an alumni.
    -(in college) my roommates and I drove to San Diego for spring break senior year and we are at this club-Moondoggies in Pacific Beach. We run into another Johnnie there. On the same trip, we met friends of my family..They took one look at my t-shirt (which had the name of my teeny tiny private HS on it) and told me they have family there as well!

-In another incident, my family and I were vacationing in Grand Marais, MN and who do we run into on the street, but our neighbor and dentist.

That's all I can remember right now..But weird stuff like that happens to me a lot!

3. Zumbro

Hey, I know where CSB/SJU is! Yay, MN!! Explains your username too, if that's the reason.

Anyways, haven't run into anyone in the gay scene (not that I've spent enough time there yet to do so) but on vacation to Florida in elementary school, my family ran into some family friends. In Disneyland. yup. The biggest tourist attraction in Florida, and we just happen to bump into our good friends.

4. Zach1992

Yes. I went to Six Flags back in 8th grade with school down in DC. We all had shurts with the school's name on it 'Windsor', which is actually very common, & a family asked my group if we knew a Jason Andrews. We did, he was the principal, and apprarently they knew him long ago & heard about his promotion to principal.

5. Johnnieguy

You guessed it!

6. runner246

runner246 Guest

I was at the airport coming home from florida and ran into a girl i knew who just got in from ohio. I don't know if an airport is a big coincidence, but it was amazing that she and I were there at the same time!

7. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I went to disney land with my parents when I was like 7 and ran into this kid I knew from my afterschool program, he was standing infront of us in line... it was kindof weird.

We ran into our neighbors when we went to france, that was a REALLY werid experience lol

8. NickT

Interestingly it's always when I'm NOT there that my parents meet my school friends. Like, during one of our Disney trips, when I was 13-15 or so, I was walking back to the room and my mom texted me "Saw your friend Cassie from school on the monorail!" It was a strange feeling, that other people besides me went to Disney World o_o;