1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friends???

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Anarchy3825, Jan 29, 2010.

1. Anarchy3825

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    What are friends to you??? what is a quality in a friend that you would like to have? is it trust, humor, good looks, they understand you... write whatever it is!

2. Bryan44

When I make friends I look for people who are honest and will tell you the truth about everything. They will always give their honest opinion regardless of whether it will hurt my feelings or not. Loyalty is a big quality, because you want friends who will stick beside you through thick and thin. People with a good sense of humor or sarcasm. Im a really sarcastic person, so people who take things too seriously normally clash with me. I also look for spontaneous people, I like to have friends who like to get out and try new things, people who aren't afraid to really live life. Oh and a really great quality in a friend is a good listener, a sympathetic person who can be there for you in times of need.

3. SaturdaySaviour

A friend is a person that
    -knows how to make me laugh
    -isn't afraid to express her/his opinion, criticise me and such
    -will know when I need comfort, a hug or just a little chat
    -understands me without saying anything

And I also expect the same from myself.

What initially attracts me to someone is the sense of humour and the ability to construct understandable sentences. :slight_smile:

4. GhostDog

This. So much this. I find it really hard to hold any kind of casual conversation without making some kind of wisecrack and that falls so flat on some people and it is hella awkward. I love meeting people who do the same thing and we end up bouncing that energy off each other. <3

Trust is a good one. I can't stand people who say they're friends with someone and end up talking trash about each other behind their backs. Hate it hate it hate it. Bitch, stand up for your friends! That is why they are called "friends"! YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO LIKE THEM. IF YOU DON'T LIKE THEM THEY ARE NOT FRIENDS, WHY DO YOU HANG OUT WITH THEM IF YOU HATE THEM?! RAWRRRGH. (Not, uh, not that I've seen that happen a few times, or anything.)

Anyhoo.

Mostly, I like folks who are laid-back, enjoy life and enjoy having a good time (and are capable of having a good time without alcohol; even as much as I enjoy the stuff, it doesn't have to be 100% of our plans), and can at least put up with my strange sense of humor. =P

5. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Ok when I saw "good looks" I thought.. wff?

Anyway I think, friends are there for you and will tell you secrets because that means they trust you right?

That they'll come to you if they have problems.

6. juliensaurusrex

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    A friend to me is someone who sticks by your side no matter what kind crap you get yourself into. haha and idc what they look like. As long as they are loyal and trust worthy. I would want a friend who would love me, hate me, humor me, make me laugh, and make me hate them. Friendship is stuffed full of drama eh?

7. Rikudo

I tend to have two categories of friends.

One is my friends that I have have been with for years. In these people I look for humor,trust, dependability and that no matter what our bonds cannot be weakened. We can go months maybe even years without seeing each other and when we do it was as if they'd never been gone.

Second is friendship forged from sports. Now with these people I look for the ability to work together, sometimes leadership, toughness, and respect. With them my bond is formed from the years of blood and tears spilled on the field with them and myself. I can tell these people that I love them with no second though. While not as strong a bond as my other friends with these people I can be fully trusting.

8. Anarchy3825

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family

9. stratavos

oakville(college) and oshawa(hometown) ont, Canada
    trust, being concerned about my well being, able to put me in my place, willing to spend time with me.

their looks are not all that important though (good to have though).

10. Sylver

Integrity. I need a friend to be honest and I need to know I can trust him or her under any circumstances. Everything else goes from there.

11. The Paradigm

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As James said, the most important aspect really that I require is integrity but mixed with good morals. I don't care if they're not the most honest, successful, intelligent, or if they make me laugh at all. I want to be able to drop my guard, have a confidant, and be able to trust them when I need help.

12. haelmarie

Intelligence, I suppose. Someone who has ambition and wants to go somewhere in their life. People that aren't caught up in being cool. I have a bizarre sense of humour, but people who make me laugh (and that's not people who run around telling jokes all the time... I tend to find such people tiresome).

I guess this explains my total friend counter is something like three people.

13. runner246

runner246 Guest

Someone you can hang with and talk with spur of the moment without thinking. for me anyway. i know there are people who are friends with EVERYBODY!!

14. Ralivar

My best friend is like that, he is friends with everybody, that is the one quality that I envy most about him and which I possessed. He can just start talking to people no matter who it is or where he is.

15. RaeofLite

A friend should have:
    -integrity and someone who's honest, which at times might mean you want them to be blunt about their opinion (ie: Did I just make a really stupid decision?)
    -intelligence is nice (to have intellectual, deeper conversations rather than simply small talk all the time)
    -a soul (ie: they don't make fun of or hurt everyone) which means that they would probably be able to show some sympathy and feelings when situations arise
    -A sense of humour (laughter is the best medicine) :lol: :slight_smile:
    -Someone who's loyal and able to let you lean on their shoulder and vice versa (as long as the problems seem pretty balanced).
    ...there is probably something that's missing in my list here but I'll add them later if I recall any other qualities.