1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Going back to school....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Latinokid, Aug 23, 2007.

1. Latinokid

Latinokid Guest

Well know that im going back to school in a few weeks im worried i might act different these last years ive been in denial about me being gay and thinking i wasnt and wishing i was straight but fining EC made me see thats who i am and i have to learn to embrace it. Is any one here in the same situation? And r any of u out like to the whole school? if so how is it.

Sry for the long post.:eusa_doh:

2. BILL9854

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    The only advice I can give you is to wait untill you're sure you're ready before coming out.
    I didn't come out untill I had left school, but I can imagine it would be difficult having your entire school knowing, especially considering some of the idiots I had at my school hehe.
    Maybe try coming out first to just a couple of close friends who you can trust, there's no need for 'everyone' to know if you don't want them to, after all it's your private business and people who aren't you're friends/family have no reason to know about it.
    And at least you can take comfort in the fact that like you say, you are now comfortable with who you are, and that's what's important, not what other people you don't know think.
    Whatever you decide, I think it's very brave to consider coming out at 14, I would never have come out that young.

3. Jeimuzu

At your age, I'm not sure it's wise to come out to everyone. A couple of close friends, yes, although when you're 14, I don't think coming out is such a pressing problem - you can't do things like hit the gay scene at that age anyways, y'know? And if you come out totally, at that age you risk being bullied. When you're out of normal school, and maybe into university, then things are easy - people have grown up a lot by that age.

Either way, it's your choice. I was never in denial, oddly (mentally, I don't seem too similar to the rest of the human race :wink: I get freaked out by entirely different things, for example), but I wasn't even gonna comprehend coming out before I found the sister site to EC. I got a great load of advice from there, and since a lot of the members from there are also here, they may be able to share that wisdom too.

4. rikaraw

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    i feel like it depends on where you live, i lived in oregon for awhile and gay kids there get along fine, its the most liberal place ive ever been besides SF and i also live in Minneapolis, while its liberal here, i have a lesbien friend who came out, and she gets shit about it, but i was surprised too see all the accepting people, just make sure your ready