1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

horse flu

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jayden, Aug 24, 2007.

1. jayden

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    ive just heard on our news that even the horses have the flu!!! tomorow me and dad were going to go to the races at randwick but now they might not be on becuase a few horses have the flu!!! it must be bad because not only we are getting it even the animals are to!!!

2. LorenzG1950

They are probably worried that expensive race horses will be infecting each other. Yes, horses get the flu just like us. They also sneeze which is rather funny to observe. I'll be going to the races in September in Karlsruhe. It's mostly sulky (harness) racing, like at a county fair and I'm pretty good at picking winners :icon_bigg .

3. jayden

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    yes i also heard that they cough also!!! were is karlsruhe? is it over seas i would like to go to see horse racing over seas it would be great.
    i want to be a jockey. dad knows a couple of blokes in the stables and maybe next school holidays i might be able to get a part time job doing the cleaning up

4. LorenzG1950

http://www1.karlsruhe.de/Tourismus/index.php?cmspage=0&setlang=en&show=0

Karlsruhe is pretty much right in the center of Germany, about 45 minutes from where I live. They have plenty of racetracks in Germany. Cleaning in the stables is a good way to get started. If you're not too big, you'll be perfect as a jockey. I started riding horses at about 10 (almost fell off too) but haven't done it in years. Now I just try to bet on the ones that will win :icon_bigg .

5. jayden

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    yeah my dad reckons that it would be a good way also to start in racing if i could start by doing some thing like this. im 4feet 10inches and i think im 38kgs and the smallest kid in my form at school.
    it sounds good where you live in germany!!! ive only ever have riden horses around centenial park which is near randwick. ive never fallen off yet though. my dad bets heaps on horses all the time. maybe if i was riding them i could win for him???:grin:

6. LorenzG1950

Well, working in the stables, you'll know which horses have the flu or are not in peak form. From a betting standpoint, it really helps to know which horses are NOT going to win on a particular day.

It might be tricky when you become a jockey and your dad bets on you, and you don't win :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: . Hope you get the job in the stables. You'll probably be sitting on a horse training for the races before you can say the word "jockey". :slight_smile:

7. jayden

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    if the races are on tomorrow my dad will talk to his mate in the stables to see if i can start to do some work there, i will let you no what happens lorenz:icon_bigg

8. Jim1454

That would be great Jayden! Good luck!

9. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Absolutely - let us know how it goes.

10. jayden

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    today the races have been cancelled becuase of the horse flu so i was a bit up set when dad told me. so tonight mum and dad are going to let me stay at a mates place. he goes to my school and lives near me also. he has a computer do you think i should tell him about EC???

11. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I'm sorry to hear that, especially as you were hoping your dad could introduce you to someone there. (*hug*)

12. jayden

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    thanks paul it was bad and it looks like the horse racing wont be on for a long time ??? i was up set about it yesterday but mum said i could stay at a friends place last night to make me more happy again

13. jayden

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    it also looks like now that the melborne cup will not be on!!! becuase of the horse flu:tantrum:

14. Kimi

Yeah, I heard horse flu is very bad. Here in Japan, we have horse flu about 2 weeks ago and it few races had been canceled but I think it's getting better now because I don't hear about it on news like I did just a week ago.

If you become a jocky in the future and I was in Australia, then I DEFINITELY bet on you:slight_smile:
    Make me rich:grin: :grin: :grin:

15. jayden

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    even the spring carnival has now been cancelled at randwick they said on the news becuase of the horse flu. dad said this is the first time in 141years that this has hapened!!! the horse flu must be really bad this time!!!