1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's holding you back?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by CrimsonThunder, Aug 24, 2007.

1. CrimsonThunder

Anything ever held you back from doing something that you wanted to do?

For me its my old boss at work, I liked her so much I never wanted to quit because I didn't want to let her down. Even though I hate working there. We got a new boss now she seems ok but she is new so that could change when she gets into the swing of things. Because I don't know her as well I could quit easily now. :wink:

What bout you?

2. jayden

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    i have a few things. i find reading and writing hard and i have a speech problems also but i want to do my higher school exams so i can get a good job. im in 11th year but will have to repeat next year

3. CrimsonThunder

Damn, sad to hear Jayden. I wish you good luck next year! :thumbsup:

4. Tom

Tom Guest

hmm only thing holdin me back atm is a lack of cash =/

5. davo-man

Im gunna be honest and say that sheer laziness holds me back from doin stuff...like i know i could do so much better in Physics, but i just cant be bothered doing the work...im trying to reallyy change that this term, by taking heaps of notes and stuff...seems to have paid off cos i felt really confident in the test i had to today

Also, i guess fear keeps me from driving...I hate driving, even though ive only been on the road once, but im really bad at it, and the fear of screwing up keeps me from going back on the road.

Weirdly both of those things are internal, and things that i can probably change if i really put my mind to it...so hopefully i can do that...!

6. CrimsonThunder

Living at home holds me back from doing lots of things, mainly being open about my sexuality. And waxing. =P

7. Tom

Tom Guest

im kinda doin bad at physics 2, but its the coursework tht holds me back, i got an a in me last few tests =] but d or e, wich is just a pass, in cwk and driving dnt worry bout a thing, i was scared on me first lesson and i was bad but i just thought bout the freedom id get and woo passed with 1 minor and aced me theory test and then did pass plus so i can go anywhere!!!!!! just now a lack of cash is keepin me from doin tht lol

8. I'm going to have to say what davo-man said and respond with laziness, especially when it comes to school.

9. MissyJ158

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Yep, laziness. That's about it lol.

10. 24601

Laziness here, too. My depression sometimes holds me back, also.

11. wtinal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I suppose, both laziness and fear sometimes hold be back.

12. Choucho

*sigh* Laziness for me as well. And a complete lack of interest in school, that leads to the laziness. And teachers with bad teaching methods. And lack of money. >.< And a homophobic father holds me back from being open, and shyness and fear keeps me from being social, and my dislike of drugs and alcohol and smoking keeps me from being able to get along with many people.

13. kevinx519

umm making really close friends. im scared to open up to them because im too afraid of what theyll think of me if i tell them im gay. kinda ehhh i know. =/

14. hideinyourshel

My boyfriend - he's still very firmly in the closet and refuses to let me tell my parents (but all my friends guessed! :slight_smile:

yeah... and laziness, of course!

15. SpikySpice

my fears, about everything
    my shyness
    other people

16. EthanS

EthanS Guest

Im dumb, lazy and otha stuff

17. SpikySpice

ur not dumb, cuz ur young to handle too big things that's all

18. Moth

I'd give SO much to be in a band with one of my friends (he's an absolutely incredible musician) but the thing holding me back from presenting the idea to him is fear that he'll laugh it off and not take me seriously, because he's super-talented and I'm really not all that talented. Well, that and the fact that our values and morals differ a lot so I don't think we'd get along in a band. *sigh*

My homophobic, religious, over-controlling family keeps me from being honest and being myself much of the time...

Lack of support from my family and lack of time alone has kept me from practicing my vocals more... if I either had more time alone, or my family was supportive enough to help me build a little vocal booth or something along those lines, I'd have been able to practice my vocals more and I'd be a lot better than I am right now.

19. bvtsjm116

bvtsjm116 Guest

Lets see...

Fear (working on it)
    Shyness (Working on it)
    Laziness (I still do good at school, but I don't have to try very hard, thankfully :wink:)
    Self-Consciousness
    Depression.

20. Kibuki kid

Laziness, fear, shyness, low self esteem, and my best friend(who's a total hotty yet so very homophobic) *sigh*, and my mother who thinks we( my siblings and I) prefer my father as a parent and that I need to speak to a psychiatrist again (because she forced me the first time) *deep sigh*