1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you ever-

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by RaeofLite, Feb 7, 2010.

1. RaeofLite

-feel awkward or almost shy when you see people you used to know years ago or "knew" in highschool and you happen to be out and about with your girlfriend, boyfriend, partner etc?

Like, even though you're out or (maybe not), and with them you get an initial 'Oh my god-get me out of here' train of thought running through your mind?

I don't know but it seems even though I've made a lot of progress and I don't deny it to people if they ask, when I see someone I haven't talked to or seen in years (and this person isn't necessarily a friend), I hit this wall of 'panic' for a moment and I'm almost brought back to the first times when I was coming out.

Can anyone relate or?

2. Joey

tiny tiny University in northern Maryland
    I can relate, except mine goes all the way back to grade school. The first bf and I went to grade school together for 9 years and we were dating for a little bit and we would sometimes run into people we knew from back then while we were out and about.
    It was a little... awkward...

3. Katherine

The land of rednecks and pine trees (Georgia)
    Definitely. I'm technically out, but just the other day I was walking through the school holding hands with my girlfriend and all of a sudden two of my old (pretty conservative) friends showed up behind us. I don't think either one of them noticed, and if they did they didn't say anything, but it still gave me a panicky feeling.

4. xCrazyInsanity

Not quite the same

But whenever i run into my old "friends" from elementary school (i went to a christan school fyi) and they see me how I am now, i kinda freak.. like 'what are they going to do? do they reconize me now?'