1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking back at photos of friends do you ever think...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mind Freak, Feb 8, 2010.

1. Mind Freak

Man he/she was not cute in [insert] grade. And then fast forward a few years and you're like drooling because they've gotten so fine. Lol. I was looking at a few pictures of my friends and I'm like WOAH!!! Where did that face come from? Lol. It's amazing how things can change over time.

Throw in some maturity, some braces, a decent hair cut, add some muscles or lady lumps as fergie calls them, neater clothes and you've got an entirely different peson. It never ceases to shock me. Lol.

So am I alone on this or do you agree with me?

2. Étoile

Pics or it never happened. :icon_bigg

That's the case with this one guy I know. Throughout middle school, he was chubby, had long unkempt hair, and owned 4 shirts and 3 pairs of pants. In 9th grade, he lost some weight. In 10th grade, he lost more weight. In 11th grade, he lost even more weight and became stick thin. Now, he's cut off his trademark long hair and wears brand-name clothes. He's no longer fat or stick thin, he's now quite muscular and a hunk.

3. Mind Freak

Haha. Prime example right there! xD

4. Étoile

If someone was to ask me he'd turn out remotely attractive when I was in middle school, I'd of laughed in their face.

5. Mind Freak

Lol! That bad eh? Well it's a good thing you didn't bet on it huh? Haha.

6. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Of course, there is the dreaded 18-to-22-year-old window, during which many guys who were hot as teenagers become incredibly unattractive.

No seriously, it's a documented phenomenon. Well, documented by me, at least. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: And my friends.

7. Mind Freak

Lol. So according to your documented phenomenon do people generally keep their attractiveness after that window closes? Haha.

8. Connor22

one of my friends actually managed to do the complete opposite in three years, he used to be alright looking until he found Xbox, now he's the most unhealthy person in school, in the bleep test he managed three goes before collapsing in a heap, now he's quite fat and has long greasy hair that he refuses to even get trimmed. I feel for the guy, I really do because he used to be really popular and now he gets very bullied and sort of disappeared inside his own box, now his only friends are me and a few others, we're still very good friends but he just needs to get his act together, a haircut, a little exercise and less hostility towards the rest of the world, and don't get me wrong we've tried time and time to tell him this but he just wont and I try my best to be kind to him he just is VERY hostile, sorry that was a bit of a rant

9. Mind Freak

Poor guy! Well maybe he'll flip the script again when he gets sick of video games.
    Good for you for trying to be nice even though he isn't! : )

10. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Generally... the early 20s seem to be harder on guys than the late 20s, although with the late 20s, the issue of hair loss and weight gain can overwhelm. :slight_smile:

The flip side of the phenomena is that often people who were at best average-looking in high school get through uni and are far more attractive.

At least, that's what I've always told myself. :lol:

11. Just Adam

i try not to look at pics of people i used to know.