1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*sigh*...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Time, Aug 24, 2007.

1. Time

Does anyone else have to suffer through playing matchmaker with all of your opposite sex friends?

My best friend [not the one I came out to, the other one] is constantly asking me to ask out other guys for her, or find someone who I think would be compatible. I don't mind doing it [so obviously that's why it's not in the support section, not asking for advice XD], but sometimes it gets annoying when the guy is hot. Especially right now...this new guy that just moved here named 'Ocean' [I know lol] is soooooooo hot and she's practically in love with him. She won't stop talking about him, and I keep having to talk to him in school for her which sucks because I don't like torturing myself around straight guys that I'm attracted to!

LOL This was mainly a vent/rant. Anyone else have this problem?

2. BILL9854

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have a similar but different one...
    I guy at work who I'm good friends with and really like is straight and always talking to me about girls he likes and asking me to help him get together with them...
    It sucks, as you said, *sigh* :dry:

3. CrimsonThunder

lol I've gotten people to ask other people out for me as a joke before. (usually they're guys too)

4. Tom

Tom Guest

ive played matchmaker for way 2 long, but all me male friends know tht i know all my female friends just as well as any of there friends and sumtimes better so they always ask me which one is right for me, will you ask so and so out for me or where shud i take her 2 ask her out etc. it gets annoying afta a while well least the ones i have set up r in a gd relationship and i dnt really find it torture tlkin 2 em, unless one of the girls asks me 2 get 2 know a hot guy and find out about him, so far they have dun tht afew times and god they have nice taste in men ive wanted em all so far!!!!!!

5. suburbs_of_sodom

Northern Virginia...neither here nor there
    I have a bit of a different problem. My friends are all single (myself included), and sometimes I think they want it to stay that way, because they're always saying "so-and-so has sat next to me in Latin the last two days, do you think he likes me? Could you ask him for me and then hint that I'm not interested?"

Oh, and last year my best friend and I made a pact that we'd both help each other find a boyfriend. Then it turned into she'd help me find a boyfriend once she had one, and then she kinda blew it off after she did get a boyfriend (especially since they broke up after 3 weeks). Yeah...she can be INSANELY aggravating like that...

6. Jeimuzu

Well, a gay guy should have straight friends that can sound out guys for them on the concept of homosexuality. Apparently, that's how my ex usually does it.

7. Jerr

Hetero guys pretty much only talk to me when I'm all over their girlfriend... ok well when she is all over me...

OR

when they are single and they see I hang out with some highly attractive girls.

8. SpikySpice

Hmmm as you saying you dont like to torturing yourself, so tell her to talk to him lol, cuz sooner or later she's gonna have to talk to him face to face anyway

Sometimes I ask a guy to tell a girl that I like her, hehe, and it was so embarrased, like yesterday, a hot chick just kept looking at me, and I had to ask a friend to tell her that I like her, it's weird cuz I an tell a guy i like him, myself, but not to a girl :lol:

9. schoolboy91

schoolboy91 Guest

yea.. im only out to one of my friends so... all of my friends are always trying to get people to go out with me. It was really funny tho cause we were at sonic one day and an EXTREMELY cute boy was looking at me and we smiled.. but i couldn't do a thing cause my friends didn't know *SIGHHHHHHHHHH* lol

10. hideinyourshel

I find that my straight friends always ask me for relationship advice - I suppose they think I know what's attractive in a man (I suppose I do... :slight_smile:) but I don't know how girls think...!