1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Love-A-Thon

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by NickT, Feb 14, 2010.

1. NickT

Don't know if anyone's posted anything like this yet, but today instead of celebrating commercial and "romantic" love, many others (including myself), are celebrating friendly and familial love in order to spread awareness of youth suicide. It is the third leading cause of death in teens, and second in my state. And, as we know, homophobia has caused our fellow LGBT members to be more likely to commit/attempt suicide.

What you do is contact your friends, family, anyone you care about and tell them why he/she is so important to you. Two or more compliments and such. After that you give a short bit about teen suicide and encourage them to spread the love.

Unfortunately, if I were to mention EC people individually it'd take up too much space, so I'll just say this to everyone: You all remind me that there is hope for our cause and that even if things look grim and hope seems lost, I can find comfort and advice in all of you. Thank you. <3

More information and how to donate to stop teen suicide is here: http://spreadthelovesavealife.weebly.com/index.html Just because it's primarily in KY doesn't mean you can't participate your own way!

#1 NickT, Feb 14, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2010