1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School research assigment on the legality of Gay Marriage

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Hidden Angel, Aug 26, 2007.

1. Hidden Angel

Hidden Angel Guest

Hey,:eusa_danc
    At school I'm doing a research assignment on the legality of gay marriage for English. I was wondering if anyone could give give me some info on the legality of gay marriage in different countries, particularly New Zealand and also societies views on gay marriage in this day and age.
    Either post it here, or you can email me [REMOVED]
    Thanks, any info on this topic is much appreciated.:icon_bigg

#1 Hidden Angel, Aug 26, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2007
  2. Time

In the US, the only state gay marriage has been legalized in is Massachusetts, I think.

3. ampthejazz

I wrote a long research paper on gay marriage for my English class last year. Would you like to read it?

4. Hidden Angel

Hidden Angel Guest

Yeah, ampthejazz that would be great. Can you email to me? Thanks!!

5. Time

I smell plagiarism in the works :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. Hidden Angel

Hidden Angel Guest

Time don't' worry I have no intention a copying / plagiarizing it. it will just be for info that all I promise.

7. BeautifulStranger

I can't give you any extra info, but just some previous experience with gay marriage and school papers...
    My ex-boyfriend's Junior/Senior thesis was on gay marriage. He put in soooo much time and effort into the paper, and everyone who read it thought it was amazingly done.

The teacher failed him for picking such a sensitive subject

8. Hidden Angel

Hidden Angel Guest

Thanks for them concern but lucky for me the teacher has checked what topics we are doing and is alright with it so it all good!!!:icon_wink

9. Jerr

Whatever you do... try to make it seem like you are for (if you are) the legality of gay marriage because it is the right thing... like don't turn it into a gay march on the school.

That tends to turn people away. Say how it being legal wouldn't destroy the human race... in a way that isn't all IN YOUR FACE!!!!

If you say it in a subtle yet reassured way you will convince more people to read the paper instead of just look at it like another homo's rant and walk away.

10. I think another member here did a paper on gay marriage at one point.

The thing is, I don't exactly remember who it was, so perhaps doing a thread search for "gay marriage paper" or something like that would prove to be the most effective. Maybe the person that did it could provide some sources for you to look at.

Hope this helps a little. :slight_smile:

11. Triplume

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Well, from my knowledge, Belgium, Netherlands, Spain, Canada, South Africa, and the state of Massachusetts are the only places in the world that will perform gay marriages. New York recognizes any gay marriage performed in those countries, but it won't allow any to be performed in the state itself.

Also, legalization of gay marriage or same-sex relationship benefits are most frequent in European countries. Places in the Middle East and Africa have the worst track record when it comes to homosexuality--it's punishable by law.

As for New Zealand: http://www.justice.govt.nz/pubs/reports/2004/civil-union-bill/index-civil-union.html

I hope this helps, but you should double-check everything anyway. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

12. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I have removed the email address from the first post. Use the forum PM system.

13. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
  14. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Also please do NOT post the same thing in more than one place. I have merged your threads.

15. Hidden Angel

Hidden Angel Guest

This is more of a research project not my opinion's just facts so i don't think I can offend anyone or start a gay march at school or anything.:icon_bigg :icon_wink