1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Medical Help from Extraterrestials...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kv88, Mar 3, 2010.

1. kv88

I started this thread on the Gaygeeks.org forum and I would like to ask the people on here. Would you ever accept or want medical help from aliens? It doesn't matter whether or not you believe in them or not. Its fun and interesting to hear other people's opinions.

Me, I would mainly I just want them to remove my wisdom teeth as I believe their technology is a lot more advanced and probably a painless procedure. I remember in high school (and I'm not kidding) I wanted to be abducted by aliens and ask them if they can do something about my height (I'm 5'11), I wanted to be shorter like 5'6. But that was seriously ridiculous.

I know people wonder, "if they do exist, then why don't they just come down here?" Well if they did, then that would cause sheer panic! Think of the incident of the War of the Worlds radio drama incident back in 1938.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_War_of_the_Worlds_(radio)

I know it seems like I've lost my mind and took acid but hey I'm a believer.

Watch this video:

UFO Healing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwNLIUv_gno

2. Milord

Not sure if I'd let them touch me!

3. donnie5

hell yea!! they could cure disease of ever kind!! but then we would have a serious population control issue wouldn't we lol:icon_bigg:icon_bigg

4. Johnnieguy

Sure, why not? I think that extraterrestrials would come here with good intentions.. Question is-why would they want to offer medical assistance to a lowly earthling?

People may say that humanity is a violent race, why can't we expect them to be as violent as we are? I wonder..If humans had not spread apart over the world thousands of years ago, and forgotten about the existence of the others and allowed for the variation of races that we see today..would we be living in peace? Think about it-conflict occurs because of natural resources and disregard for others not like yourself. If aliens came from a one-continent planet (or a planet where the intelligent species at least remained conflict-free due to greater similarity) would they be violent? Or would they be more enlightened?

Part of me suspects that if extraterrestrials are here, they don't want us to know about their existence because as a species we can't handle it yet. We are still dealing with religious strife (which they may well have overcome) and kill each other..They may assume we would just kill them too!

Side note: while in my mind, extraterristrials exist without a shadow of a doubt...I'm not sure we will ever come into contact with one.
    -The universe is such a vast place, it would take an extremely advanced society to be able to travel great distances (and in a time frame that would be reasonable to justify space travel..ie, the society to do that would need to figure out how to warp-space time to make a trip across the universe into a trip to the moon), make use of worm holes, etc.
    -Think of how long it took humanity to get to where we are today. Other planets could already have witnessed the rise and fall of societies greater than our own. Or, other societies could rise to greatness and come to earth millions of years after humans die out.
    --First a planet needs to be able to support life. Second it needs to have life occur, which could be divine intervention just as much as it could be random chance. That life needs to evolve and change into a society that wants to leave its planet.

5. BlasttheCloset

It's a funny thing to wonder about, but I personally don't think I'd take it. At least not until the aliens had worked with humans for a few decades and shown that they had a good understanding of human medical workings, and had good intentions.

6. RaeofLite

If we had peaceful relations with them... and their technology was a sure thing, then I'd have them give me new eyes. My eyesight is horrible and honestly I'm scared I'll go blind one day.

But really? I think it'd probably be easier for them to just kill us and take our resources than 'be friends' with a technologically lesser species like ours.

7. kv88

I believe they have always been here but not in their actual forms ( I sound like I've lost it) but then again its me. Interesting thoughts you guys.

8. SlickyPants

Watching too much V? When is that coming back on? Anyone know?

And to answer the question I probably wouldn't want to get medical help from intelligent aliens. If one were to assume that these aliens were 100% benign then of course. Who wouldn't? The problem is that nobody can know for certain what their intentions are and I'd think it is more likely that they'd also experiment on us or just kill us or worse, keep us alive for the sole purpose of exploiting us as slave labour.

I'm ultimately with Johnnieguy on this. I am all but certain that alien life (and even intelligent alien life) exists somewhere in our universe but we would never know because of the sheer distances involved between ourselves and other stars and galaxies. If an alien civilization has somehow figured out how to bend space-time and create wormholes and survive such a trip through said wormhole then I'm afraid we would be but primitive cavemen or animals in contrast.

9. kv88

Um no I don't watch V. I do agree with Johnnieguy, that there is some life out there.

10. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think there has to be something else out there. We can't be the only life forms in existence.

On topic though: As long as they wash their hands/tentacles/whatever other appendages they'd be touching me with then yes, I would accept medical help from an alien. They probably won't have cold stethoscopes either, which is always a welcome plus.

11. Étoile

I believe in extraterrestrial life, but I wouldn't want them to operate on me. They may no little to nothing about human anatomy and I wouldn't want to be the guinea pig first in line.

And who knows what their intentions would be. What if they're evil? What if they became curious and started exploring and experimenting with you. To them, you are a test subject, not their patient. I know if I got my hands on an alien, I'd want to open him/her/it up and see. What if things go terribly wrong? What if there're complications? What if they trick you to stay with them or on their planet?

If/When aliens do come, I think the public'd be too awestruck and terrified to think about aliens hacking away at them.

12. kv88

Well we will never know who's evil or good. I forgot to add that like humans, I believe there are good and bad aliens. I say trust your instincts and hope the bad ones don't get to you. I believe they can't use you unless you give them permission. Well I know I sound like a weirdo now. I remember watching several documents on the horrifying experiences people have and that really fucked with my head to be honest.

For fun reading, read these books (you can read the excerpts on Amazon.com):

Talking to Extraterrestials by Lisette Larkins:

http://www.amazon.com/Talking-Extra...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1267755526&sr=1-1

Visitors From Within by Lyssa Royal:

http://www.amazon.com/Visitors-With...=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1267755640&sr=1-4

#12 kv88, Mar 4, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2010
  13. Étoile

I would hope so but being realisitc, anything's possible. They could manipulate, blackmail, use mind control, or threaten our governments to turn over a few (read: 1,000s) humans from various countries to be test subjects. Sacrificing some humans is better than enslaving or destroying an entire planet.

14. kv88

Well that's a scary vision, but love and being positive conquers all!

15. Étoile

Love is no match for the awesome powers of otherworldy beings! :eek:

16. kv88

Haha lol. Well maybe if we came up with our own stuff, we can probably fight it off! (!):thumbsup: