1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Picked the right gay-friendly college!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BlasttheCloset, Mar 3, 2010.

1. BlasttheCloset

I am starting college/Uni next year, and I was talking to a friend who currently goes to the school that I will be attending. I think I picked the right school; she said that people there are generally really accepting of LGBTQs. She told me that the other day, a really flamboyantly gay guy working in her Residence Hall asked a (female) coworker to take over his shift that day because he had another event he wanted to go to. The coworker said "Sure. Just give me your nametag and I'll say that you're identifying as a woman today.":roflmao:

I think I'll fit in just fine at University of Minnesota!

2. Johnnieguy

The University of Minnesota is great. Some days, a lot of days actually, I wish I had gone there. I'm assuming you are referring to the Twin Cities campuses (other than Morris, Crookston, Rochester, and Duluth). If indeed you are, get ready for a blast!! The Twin Cities has amazing hot spots for gays-the Townhouse, the Gay 90's, Saloon, 19 bar, Gladius (just to name a few), plus the Twin Cities has America's 3rd largest pride in June every year. You'll love it here!!! (Oh, by the way, the U of MN Twin Cities, and every campus I think, has a Diversity/GLBTQA house where you can study or just kick back and talk with other students!)

3. BlasttheCloset

Yep, Twin Cities for me! Although I wont be living in Lavender House (the LGBT house that you mentioned), I am excited to go to somewhere that is so great. I might completely come out.

4. 507bro

I'm going to Mankato next year, I'm guessing they are LGBT Friendly since they have a LGBT center on campus. The U is waaay to big for me, Good luck at The U. :slight_smile: