1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just a thought...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bouncingsouls, Mar 5, 2010.

1. bouncingsouls

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    So over here at the moment we have a *lot* of dance programs. One of the main ones is called strictly come dancing (dunno if you have it in america...:slight_smile:) where a celebrity does ballroom dancing with a professional dancer.
    Anyhoo, yeah. So all the couple's are guy/girl but several of the celebs like julian clary and mark foster as well as a few of the pro dancers are gay...
    So I just wondered why they never had same sex couples. I know its a family program on at 6 on a saturday so it most all familys watching. So it would be a perfect oppurtunity to just present the more heterosexually challenged to that kinda audience so their more accepting.
    So yeah. Why don't they? I mean it must be pretty weird for the gay people on there...

2. xCrazyInsanity

There's a show on ABC called dancing with the stars, which is just that :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I don't understand why there's NEVER guy/guy or girl/girl couples.

I'd love to see it.

3. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Same thing here in Australia, there's no same-sex couples on Dancing with the Stars. (That show was my guilty pleasure for years, I have to admit, some of the female dancers were hot.) But there used to be a show called "Strictly Dancing" that had dancers (some professional, some not) competing against each other, and there were a few same-sex couples. One guy/guy couple made it to the finals:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtowFQS-JDc[/youtube]

4. I actually heard once that on Dancing With the Stars, they didn't hire gay professional dancers because they wanted their opposite-sex couples to have 'tension' or something. But I honestly don't know if that's true or not.

5. katie

well the first thought i had was 'Anton Du Beke would look pretty silly in a ball gown', but i do agree. however, i dont think the bbc will ever risk losing viewers, even the homophobic population.

#5 katie, Mar 6, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2010