1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

guys holding hands in public

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by egnvectr, Mar 6, 2010.

1. egnvectr

egnvectr Guest

So today I was in a mall, and there were these two guys walking around holding hands. They were probably around young high school age. Then all of a sudden, this guy who was walking past them noticed them and said "what the f**k!!" loudly right to their face. And then a bunch of other kids saw them and laughed at them and pointed.

I was pretty shocked, I never expected this kind of thing in this city. Maybe since I don't normally go places where there are high schoolers around I don't see such immaturity.

Anyway I thought they were pretty brave to do that with people like that around.

2. Zach1992

What a dick. Can't people just leave other people alone?

3. RAJ Aladdin

RAJ Aladdin Guest

You know what I've always wanted to do? I've thought of that scenario happening to me, where I would be holding hands with my boyfriend (if I was lucky enough to have one :s) in public and meeting unwanted remarks. Had some guy said that to me and my man you know what I'd do?

I'd pull our hands apart and grab my man's head, pull it into mine,and just French the hell out of him and REALLY give the nosey son of a bitch and those other bigots something to gawk and stare at!

4. Zach1992

That is what I want too, Raj. If they get scared by holding hands I would love to see their reactions to me making out with a guy. Or even flirting with D-Bag. (That's the funniest)

5. Phantasma

Uhh.. I'd advise against that for reasons of personal safety.

6. dude99

dude99 Guest

thats really brave of them to do it. Anyway me and the guy I am seeing we hold hands in the street but the area is largely a gay area, but if we not in an gay area we dont do that.

7. Étoile

No one should have to go through that. Did they continue to hold hands? I hope they did so they can show them that they won't be intimidated by their stupidity.

I would like to hold hands with my boyfriend when I get one, but I really don't know the reactions we'll receive. And for your safety, I advise everyone not to flirt with the stupid.

8. egnvectr

egnvectr Guest

Yes, they just ignored it and went on.

9. That's crazy. With past girlfriends, I have held hands and even made out in public and no one has ever said anything. But once I was on a double date, and the girl and I were holding hands the whole time, and I would say it was pretty apparent that we were a couple. The two guys doubling with us were a bit friskier, though, and we were in the food court of a mall. An old man actually picked up his stuff and moved tables. But I honestly think my guy friend was being a bit intense for public... Holding hands is absolutely a ridiculous thing to have a reaction to.

Jesus. That was supposed to have a point.

10. RaRa

Lmfao. It would probably turn them on, but I'd do that too.

11. RaeofLite

Yea it's not only with guys. I've gotten the 'what the fuck' and, 'hey lesbos!' before when holding hands with a girlfriend. :confused: Other people just stop what they're doing, stare, and give weird looks. And some people don't seem phased.

Honestly, it's my life and I'm happy so they can stick it where the sun don't shine... (!!)

But that's sad to see. I guess some people just grow up really sheltered or they've never had a gay friend.

12. someguy82

If I like I a guy, and we're on a date then I'm holding his hand, and I don't care what anyone else says. I'm not big on PDA, but holding hands is nice, and no one should be ashamed to do it ever.

Of course that being said I'm a rather large burly fellow so most people aren't going to say boo to me when I do anything.

13. x2x2x2x2y2

I hate stupid people like that.

14. Katherine

The land of rednecks and pine trees (Georgia)
    Yeah, my girlfriend and I have gotten quite a few stares holding hands in public. Some people just stare, some walk away, and some look away really quickly like they're trying to be politically correct and NOT stare. :lol: Some of the reactions can be pretty amusing, actually.

15. someguy82

I'm egotistical. I like to pretend people are staring because they're jealous lol.

16. GoBabyGoGo

i always hold hands with my bf in public. i like the weird looks, especially because there is absolutely no stereotypical way to tell that we are gay. i dont give a fuck what others think. i have heared a few nasty comments behind our backs but nothing more than that. most of the looks are just because its something you dont see every day. its great for people to see mm/ff couples in love just as hetero couples, rather than in the sleazy club scene or looking for a quick fuck in the toilets.

17. RaeofLite

:lol:

I agree. Breaking down stereotypes to show that gay couples are just the same, only in different forms is liberating. And helps the overall LGBT image in my opinion. :slight_smile:

18. joezimm48

I would've kicked the guy in the crotch

19. littledinosaurs

Whenever I hold hands with a boy in public I usually have a harsh look ready that I glare at people who stare too long. It says "yeah, fucking deal with it and keep walking" and they all have so far.

20. xequar

I think one of my most enjoyable make-outs with my BF was in front of the fundigelical crazy that was protesting, of all places, at the North American International Auto Show.