1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Assignments = death.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MissyJ158, Aug 27, 2007.

1. MissyJ158

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    OK so I'm not the most motivated of people so today 30 minutes before my Japanese Society assignment was due in, I started it, rushed it and finished it and expect bad marks.

I spent the rest of the day working on a group presentation for Wednesday which I still have a shitload of work to do for and study seeing as I still haven't read up on my topic and I need to rant on for at LEAST 25 minutes.

And then, just now I remember that I have ANOTHER assignment due for the same subject that I haven't even LOOKED at yet T_T

I think I threw myself in the deep end this time :tears: I've only had 4 hours sleep in two nights as well :grin: ...

Anyone have any miracle ideas for me to get the other assignment done?

Slackers unite! (!) I know you're out there.

Have any of you guys ever done a really long presentation? How'd it go?

*Is picking brain for convo ideas cos I'm bored as hell*

2. Jim1454

Stop posting and get to work!

3. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Good advice Jim. :eusa_clap

My daughter is feeling stressed too. She works full-time and goes to college full-time. Two of her instructors told their students that if they had jobs, they may want to reduce hours because they are going to have a full work load. My daughter is a homeowner so reducing hours at work is not a possibility. Fortunately, there was somebody else in her class in the same boat. Hopefully they can provide support for eachother. If you use good time-management you can get it done.

4. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I hate it when the workload reaches that level too.

I find the best thing to do is to sort them into some sort of priority order (based on which are the most important and/or which have to be done first) and work out how much time to allocate for each one. There probably won't be enough time for you to give everything as much time as you want - so a job that should take six hours may only get four hours. Do the best you can in the time, or consider again whether one of them can wait.

Sometimes knowing that you only have a fixed period of time can be the motivation to get it done in the time. Try not to get too bogged down on one part of detail - come back to that bit at the end of there is time, otherwise it will have to do as it is.

Then try to work solidly on it for 50 minutes of each hour. Close your email, browser and messenger, and switch off your phone. If you have music on, choose something that is familiar and not distracting (maybe put the radio on so you don't have to mess around with CDs). The remaining 10 minutes of the hour can be used to get a drink, go to the toilet, look out the window etc, but don't check your email or messenger as they will distract you. You need these breaks, as it is very difficult to sustain concentration over a long period - but make sure the breaks don't over-run.

Between jobs you may be able to allow yourself a bit more time to check your mail while preparing something to eat etc.

Make sure you get enough sleep though. Otherwise you won't be able to concentrate and the extra time you have spent on the job by not sleeping is just wasted by not concentrating.