1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Drag Show Song

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Cool Beans, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Cool Beans

Next week my university is putting on a queer-themed week of events, and one of them is a drag show in 10 days. I'm trying to find a song to perform for the drag show, but I'm completely lost. Does anybody here have any suggestions for a song that isn't too difficult? I'd like to sing, but I'll probably end up just lip-syncing it.

2. pirateninja

3. SlickyPants

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf0oXY4nDxE[/YOUTUBE]

4. RAJ Aladdin

RAJ Aladdin Guest

Ru Paul's "Supermodel" or "Cover Girl" or Divine's "You Think You're A Man" or "Walk Like A Man". Both Ru Paul and Divine are drag icons. Good Luck :wink: :thumbsup:

5. Apocalypte

Shania Twain - "Man! I Feel Like A Woman!" :slight_smile:

6. RAJ Aladdin

RAJ Aladdin Guest

That was fucking EPIC! :roflmao: I love it!

7. Miss Bubbles

I say do peppermints "I thought you knew" or Ericka Toure's "My pumps" or bimbo boy's "Boy loves boy"

8. RaeofLite

Heh, I like the current suggestions. Here's another Shania song you could do. If you had a person to sing the other partner I'm sure it would be really cool. :slight_smile:
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XF0LVy2h4co[/YOUTUBE]

9. Daniel

I DO DRAG!

I would suggest a song you already sing to in the car and has a lot of repetitive lyrics. That or if you want a lot of tips a fairly popular song.

The Ting Tings have some good songs, along with the Veronicas, Katy Perry's Waking Up in Vegas isn't bad. Avoid Cher. Too cliche. Brittney Spears is good too if you want a fun reaction.

And as much as you may want to, avoid things by the Pussycat Dolls, people expect you to move a lot for them. The more the person dances, like Beyonce, the more you should choreograph.

10. Cool Beans

Wow, thank you to everyone for the responses. At the moment I'm leaning toward one of the Shania songs since I hopefully won't have to do too much in the way of choreography. Also, I haven't heard of most of the other songs... :slight_smile:

I'll let you all know how it goes!