1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Emos?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Zanessa91, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Zanessa91

Zanessa91 Guest

Do You Like Emos I Really LOVE Them

2. Jim1454

What's an EMO again?

3. EthanS

EthanS Guest

emotional =)

4. AzThRg0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I love emos!!! They are hot ^_^

5. EthanS

EthanS Guest

i think im one hlaf emo neway

6. EthanS

EthanS Guest

but i dont dress like them tho

7. Kibuki kid

I don't remeber the meaning, but emos can be cool (and in my experiences HOT)

8. EthanS

EthanS Guest

the meaning is emotional

9. Jim1454

still don't get it I guess... aren't we all 'emotional'?

10. EthanS

EthanS Guest

no there sensitive i think

11. EthanS

EthanS Guest

ask an emo on here we have some

12. Perhaps Wikipedia can provide a more detailed definition.

I have a couple of friends that are labeled as "emo", so I don't have anything against this subculture.

13. Perrygay

Perrygay Guest

I can't say I like emos. How can people be that sad all the time and wear only black?

14. Jim1454

Cool - thanks! I don't know why I don't think to check wikipedia...

So I guess it's a 'look' that you guys like. I can't imagine the attraction being somber, depressed kind of outlook...

15. im an emo omg i love emos they are amazing .... yes thats right im an amazing emo kid omg ahh

16. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Can you explain what Emo is about, for those of us who are still fairly clueless about the whole thing?

17. Psych!

Psych! Guest

Hahaha, poor Paul, emos are kinda "depressed" people, they just seem down, not really depressed, and are very emotional

I just like the pants :grin:

18. Time

Emo is like Goth...sort of =/

19. Jeimuzu

Emo is a youth demographic. They tend to wear fringes down one side of their face, eyeliner, and jeans that're a few sizes too tight - nicknamed 'drainpipes'. They can usually be found listening to AFI, crying, or writing poetry - that incidentally, my old poetry teacher hated! He can't stand emo poetry, being a pro performance poet himself. But each to his own. I'll admit, he certainly understood how to make poetry interesting.

Anyhoo, I'm not anti emo (despite how I sound :wink:), I think they're quite hot sometimes, but they're like any other group - most of the people joined just to be part of the collective.

Funny thing is, the bands that started the whole subscene are hardly ever recognised for what they are. Nowadays, it's all the goth punk bands like My Chemical Romance, Aiden, and the aforementioned AFI who get all the credit. Weird, huh? But when emo was started, it was just a few bands in America, Jimmy Eat World, Far, etc.

Basically, I stumbled across a guy who, in looks and demographical terms, was the ideal guy for me. He looked like an emo kid, but he wore a Burzum t-shirt.

Hopefully this'll help, Paul.

Meh, it's not really. The only connection is that they dress in dark clothing. Emo guys don't wear the sorta gothy stuff I'll get on whenever I feel like showing off my goth side.

And yes, I am a goth, but only when I go out to a specifically goth place do I actually wear all the goth stuff, like the studs, spikes, black jeans, that sorta thing.

Actually, in a goth club in Wolverhampton, there's a dress code - you've gotta be dressed up like a proper goth, or you can't get in. One guy walked up dressed in a white tracksuit, and was gonna be turned away until they realised that there was "Sorry, the shop was all out of black" written on the back.

They let him in just for the sheer cheek.

#19 Jeimuzu, Aug 28, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2007
  20. Nerdtendo

I do prefer the Victorian Gothic look, but Emo does have a bit of a flair that sparks my intrest. ...as for the actual people, I personaly dont mind, but they seem to be attracted to me...Why, I dont know.