1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A new take on the "lifestyle choice" argument

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Beachboi92, Mar 20, 2010.

1. Beachboi92

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCzbNkyXO50[/YOUTUBE]

I saw this and it made me think, if gay was a "lifestyle choice" who gets to say that it is worse than the christian "lifestyle choice", we both should have the freedom to make whatever choices we want and that includes marriage and whatever else. Plus if i had to choose a better one i am going with gay because at least that one isn't revolving around controlling the lifestyle of others. Plus this vid is kinda funny :x

2. Bryan90

This is an alternative way to look at the "lifestyle choice argument" which I think is quite interesting:

(It is presented in form of a dialogue to a pair of parents)

"Of course it's a choice! Everything I do is my choice. It might not be my choice to be attracted to guys but it is certainly my choice to want to be with them. It is my choice to make my parents less happy and make myself more happy by choosing to be with the gender I am attracted to. Just like how it is your choice to not be happy for me but instead feel that I am doing something wrong based on what your religion or your culture. I respect your choice and understand why you have taken it, so please respect mine and understand that it's a choice that will make me happy.

Now, on the matter of whether this is a wrong or right choice, I believe that it is the right choice for me."

We always have a choice to live a straight lifestyle, but nobody said that we should sacrifice our happiness for others'.

3. Johnnieguy

Exactly. It isn't a choice to be gay. It's a choice to be happy.

4. I liked the video. And did anyone read the scroll on the bottom? xD