1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Amusing way to tell someone

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Holmes, Mar 22, 2010.

1. Holmes

I'm publicly open about being gay in any circumstance that it's relevant, including on a blog with my name on it. Plenty of people know that I'm gay, but I wouldn't mention it without a context. There's nothing about my mannerisms that's a giveaway, but I'm not trying to hide anything.

So anyway, I was at a political conference over the weekend, and I was in the apartment we were staying in before we were to head out later. The person I was staying with had actually got me my domain for my blog, so he could easily have known. I've known him through college for years, but not closely, he worked in the shop and we'd be on chatting terms. Anyway, it was about an hour before we were going out, I said I was going to shower and get ready. He said, "There's plenty of time, you could always pretend to be gay and go up and watch the girls get changed". Without a pause, I said "I am gay". That surprised him, I don't think it was even that he suspected anything and was testing me, he seemed to be genuinely joking. There was no question at all though that he really cared one way or other.

2. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    that kind of odd stuff had happened to me too. A co-worker once saw me on here and I told him I'm gay, and that my "I'm gay bumper sticker should have been a dead give away."

He actually went out to the parking lot to see if I had that bumper sticker on me car.

Glad to know to know there are more people that have no gay vibe, I was worried I was the only one.