1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

brief introduction to a really homophobic society

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ethene, Aug 29, 2007.

1. ethene

We often say that we are living in a homophobic society, where we are attacked from every side for who we are. We say we are afraid of coming out, of repulse and lack of acceptance.

But do we mean the same thing?

You probably once heard of Poland – a medium-sized country in a heart of Europe. But it doesn’t really have much to do with what Europe should be like. Believe me – if I was ever given a choice and knew what will be the consequences of being born or living here – I’d rather wait a thousand years for a chance to live in a better place.

Let me introduce you to the leading homophobic people in my “fatherland”. Wonder why are they all politicians?

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Call it strange, but they’re two different people. The one on the left – Mr. Lech Kaczynski – is the president. The other one – Mr. Jaroslaw Kaczynski – is the Prime Minister. You may think it’s a funny situation for twin brothers to be President and PM. But what they do is less funny, though.

When Lech K. wasn’t yet President, he served as a Mayor of Warsaw (the capital city). In year 2005 huge efforts were made for organising a successful Gay Pride Parade. Guess what was the action of Mr. Mayor? He banned the parade, stating the lack of necessary documentation by organisers as the reason but also saying the parade would promote a "homosexual lifestyle" and be offensive to “public morals”. But without a shadow of doubt, he allowed a counter-demonstration, the "Parade of Normality." I think there is some other thing offensing public morals, Mr. Kaczynski. Guess what. Or who?

Jaroslaw K. was made PM in July 2006. He was appointed to the post by… his brother, who was already President, and forced his former colleague to step down from the office and make the space for his brother. You know – family members should help each other. The media of the whole world did notice Mr. Kaczynski – eg. CNN World’s program “The Daily Show with Jon Stewart” reminded its audience that Polish PM has no bank account and at the age of 58 is still living with mother and a cat. Many things are evidence of the style of politics practised by Mr Kaczynski. Asked for the role that Germany plays for him, he said: “All I know about Germany is the toilets on Frankfurt Airport, and that is enough anyway”. Like his brother, Kaczyński uses strong anti-homosexual rhetoric, making statements like "homosexuals who are involved in homosexual propaganda obviously should not be teachers".

[​IMG]

He’s a good piece of b**** . Jaroslaw K., the PM, appointed him to the office of Minister of Education in May 2006. It was soon that he began to make Polish school student’s life as hard as possible. Introducing school uniforms, banning mobile phones are just some of his clever ideas. There were also some plans of closing schools where boys and girls are taught together – and those schools are like 99.9% - for the reasons we all know.

He was the chairman of the far-wing, nationalist youth organisation All-Polish Youth. The organisation states that its goal is to raise its members with the spirit of catholic and patriotic values. Is it?

· Warsaw, May 11, 2002 - several thousand proponents of Polish integration with the European Union participate in the Schuman Parade through Warsaw, which consisted mostly of school-age children. Along the parade route, groups of All-Polish Youth members, as well as other like-minded organisations, launched aggressive counter-demonstrations, shouting slogans such as "Paedophiles and pederasts are Euro-enthusiasts", "Great Catholic Poland" and "Poland is for Poles." An EU flag was burned.
    · Warsaw, May 1, 2003 - a gay and lesbian parade was disrupted by members shouting slogans which some considered to be offensive to the marchers.
    · Gdańsk, December 15, 2003 - a gathering under the banner "I'm gay, I'm a lesbian, let's meet" at the University of Gdańsk, attended by gay rights activists and the Government Commissioner for Equal Rights, was disrupted by members of the All-Polish Youth, led by Grzegorz Siematycki, carrying a sign saying 'Faggotry prohibited'. The incident ended with police intervention.
    · Warsaw, March 7, 2004 - during an International Women's Day demonstration, equal rights demonstrators were attacked by a group of Youth members, who threw stones, ice and tomatoes at the demonstrators. They shouted slogans, including "Concentration camps for lesbians, euthanasia for faggots." There were several beatings, and one of the women was injured shielding her child in a stroller from the projectiles, before the police intervened.
    · Kraków, May 8, 2004 - a gay rights march in central Kraków was attacked by members and sympathisers of the All-Polish Youth and the League of Polish Families, who shouted offensive slogans and began throwing rocks, eggs and bottles at the marchers (as well as attacking them on their way home after the parade had dispersed). Police used force, and over 20 people were arrested. One policeman was injured when acid was poured on him.
    Public statements by the group, when referring to their ideological opponents, are dominated by aggressive language. Homosexuals are referred to as "faggots", "perverts" and "degenerates". Such language is evident not just in spontaneous media interviews – but also in printed source or Internet.

ARTICLE 32 OF THE CONSTITUTION OF THE REPUBLIC OF POLAND
    No one shall be discriminated against in political, social or economic life for any reason whatsoever.​

But who cares about the Constitution?

“As long as I have a voice in this case, there will be no homosexual propaganda in Polish schools”. - In the spring of 2007 Giertych announced plans to pass a law against "homosexual propaganda", particularly in schools. The European press considered his attitude towards homosexuality as "homophobic in its final stage".

The deputy Minister of Education – which was actually a muppet in Giertych’s hands – once stated that it would be good to count all homosexuals in the country – to have a clear view of the situation.

[​IMG]

Rev. Tadeusz Rydzyk.

A couple of lines before I wrote “Wonder why are they all politicians?”. But he is a priest. And moreover, he is a politician - not officially of course. Or more – an Emperor of the Empire. The Empire is officially called “Radio Mary – The Catholic Voice in your home”.

Let’s start with the fact that Rev. Rydzyk drives a Maybach. When asked why he is driving a luxury car, he responds: “And what should I drive? A cow? I might, but I don’t have enough space for a cow!”.

The radio station is owned by the Congregation of the Most Holy Redeemer, and is financed through donations from its audience - "The Radio Maryja Family". The donations are – believe me – huge numbers. The Reverend Rydzyk has gathered a large group of committed followers, to which he is an unquestionable charismatic authority. Criticism of the radio covers a wide range of topics – intolerance, anti-Semitism, euroscepticism, support for death penalty and involvement in politics.

The indulgence ceremonies in Poland’s main sanctuary – Czestochowa – were of course attended by President and a PM. PM was of course the main figure of the celebrations. After the mass is completed, Rev. Rydzyk takes the vestment off “not to be accused of involving in politics during the mass”.

He really did his best to be considered as a symbol of hypocrisy. And he continues saying about who should you vote for in the next elections, compares the gov’t opposition to Poland’s communist riot police (ZOMO).

Doesn’t the Rev. forget about “queers” and “pederasts” in his statements!

“Deviation instead of psychological treatment is about to gain the protection from law – these words best describe the situation, in which the homosexual environments with impunity flaunt with the thing that should be a subject for treatment, and in case of affecting others – judicial proceeding”.

“Can we expect the government to take the actions that will protect the nation from spreading “the culture of death”, including harmful ideologies promoting sexual deviations? Not only we can, but we must, no matter what international pressure and distorting the Sodomy sin, until it will be considered “normal”. It’s a thing that should bother us, an ideology destroying the societies in countries that were not strong enough to protect themselves”.

“Homosexuality is a way leading to nowhere - it will make the society die out.”

It’s what the priest said. On a mass. The President was sitting next to him and was clapping his hands.

What also pissed me off was the following poll, by a popular liberal newspaper:

[​IMG]

Would you mind if your child married:

same-sex person – 83% yes
    former drug addict – 77% yes
    Gypsy – 51% yes
    person contributing to Communist government – 39% yes
    Russian – 21%

Is it better to marry a person that worked with Communists’ police, which was the main organ of political repression in the Communist era, than marrying gay? Nothing was worse than marrying gay according to the respondents! Only 17% of the society would approve it!

I once heard of a story of a high school girl that came to school with a rainbow wrist band. She wasn't gay, just like a lot of people wearing marijuana leaf are not taking drugs. She was forced to take the wrist band off and received the principal's reprimand. The Ministry of Education Curator called her parents about that.

You sometimes say that you are not taught about homosexuality on sex-ed lessons. Do we have sex-ed lessons? I had them last year, covered with a nice name "Education for Living in a Family". Those were like 3-4 lessons in the whole year when a teacher asked things like definitions of family or friendship.

Teaching Polish teens how to wear a condom? In a school?!? :roflmao: Maybe in some 100 years!

Sorry for putting so much of politics in there. Sorry for making it that long. But it is just as big is the problem! Actors, singers, writers, univ. professors are spreading tolerance for everybody, but they are all drowned by the people like those I mentioned. And sorry for my annoying style of writing - I'm not that fluent in English as I would like to be.

BTW - Minister of Education was dismissed about 3 weeks ago, and the whole Polish politics is staggering, so we're expecting new elections soon - and coming back to some sort of 'normality'.

Then appreciate at least the little bit of normality that you Americans, Canadians, Britons, Australians are experiencing! :rolleyes:

And thanks for reading! :icon_bigg

2. CorporalPie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Wow dude, that really sucks. Ignorance is so awful, and its disgusting what those politicians/ priests are doing, I truly hope the Polish government is drastically reformed, and soon. Its sad that people get so hung up on prejudices that they seem to be blind to the fact that we are people too, and not crazed abominations that are out to ruin society. The fact that they seem to be brainwashing their youth against gays and lesbians just astounds me.

3. paul7836

And Poland is part of the EU, while they are discriminating so much? There must be something the Eu can do to pressure the politicians into treating everyone equally, and the appointing of the prime minister? Sounds like Poland has a messed up government to me.

EDIT: of course, that doesn't mean the US government is much better.

4. Jeimuzu

I was seething as I read through that article. There's some people who take life, and spend it trying to make it more and more difficult for anyone or anything they don't understand, rather than seeking understanding. They then call it 'being religious'. There's a reason why they call it being religious.

For some reason, people respect religion. Most of them are based on thousand year old books, all of which have been obviously edited and mistranslated, and by now it's technically impossible to follow the teachings of the current bible completely - they conflict. I can't count the amount of religious zealots on the internet who've received an email from me, proving in several ways, merely by quoting from the bible, exactly why they're going to hell.

I believe the bible was written as a way to control the masses. Back then, there was no real police force. If a man committed murder, it was laughably easy to get away with it.

What religion did back then was to create a superhero. He was inherently good, and he saw all the crimes committed. If you committed a crime, you'd be punished by hell.

Now all it took was to get people to believe in this.

There was a trick to that.

Tell them it's mandatory. Anyone who doesn't believe is automatically a heretic, and is burned alive.

Easy peasy. Within a couple of generations, those who remember it being brought in are too afraid to tell people the truth, for fear they'd be a blastphemer too.

Suddenly, bang, we have a self-governing legal system.

I hate people who still believe in it, word for word. People should make their own mind up, rather than base it on what happened many years ago.

Anyways, I've gotten off topic.

Right, I've memorised their faces now. If I ever happen to have a plank of wood in my hand and I'm wandering around Poland, I'll keep a sharp eye out.

Sorry for the length :slight_smile:

Oh, and Ethene, there's nothing at all wrong with your writing style. Looks good to me! :slight_smile:

5. Perrygay

Perrygay Guest

You think you have it bad, come to Georgia some time. I would bet almost 100% would dissaprove of their children marrying gay.

6. ethene

'Messed up' is quite a funny expression in this case. I'd rather say f***ed up, scr**ed over.

And I'm really fed up with that religious devotion which I can see every day. Nationwide health service workers' strike - with the reason being, of course, low salaries - is not standing in parliament deputies' way to show their generosity and allocate some 15,000,000 zlotys (5,3m US$ / 2,6m GBP) for erecting new Sanctuary of Divine Providence.

The Virgin was once to be made a patron of the Sejm (lower house of Parliament). An enormous picture was to be hung in the session room. But they didn't manage to do it. Pity!

Politicians of LPR - party led by once mentioned R. Giertych - once asked the Speaker of the Sejm to start the debate if Jesus should be named 'King of Poland'.
    But that proposal was rejected. Bother!

Polish politicians really seem to have more interesting things to do than taking care of their own nation. As I woke up today, turned on the TV, the first thing I heard was that former Attorney General was arrested, after he was accused by Minister of Justice of revealing the details of the action Central Anticorruption Bureau to the Minister of Agriculture, who had to be arrested in that action, because he was accused of bribing, and by the way the Minister of Justice is now accused of eavesdropping on the President's family, but he denies... :confused:

It's sad that politicians and clergymen are the very ones that the people are paying most attention to.

And now humorously some funny youtube vids:

Kaczynski (PM) about marijuana click

Translation: We must fight with marijuana. But is marijuana made from hemp? I think it's not. At least i don't know anything about that. Anyway i don't know how do you connect marijuana with hemp. We absolutely have to fight with hemp, fight with drug use.

TVN, mohairs and Rydzyk click

That needs a bit of explanation. TVN is a private TV station known for being anti-government, described by Rydzyk as being at Jews and mason's service. 'Mohairs' is a word defining Radio Mary's audience, because it's generally old ladies wearing mohair berets.

Translation:
    - You should come off from the priests. What evil did he do to anybody?
    - Rev. Tadeusz should receive Nobel prize! Nobel!
    - I am really glad I belong to this great family of Radio Mary, that is able to pray together.
    - What station are you from? / TVN / Why did you come here to show it?
    - This is a site of Holy Mother, Queen of Poland. Get lost!
    - Masonery-owned TV in this holy site? Masonery TV station, TVN.
    - TVN came here to slander and vilify us! You came here to do satanic job!
    - Whoa! What are you seeking here, what! Masons! Frauds! Jews! Come back to Kwasniewski and Miller (left-wing politicians). Fuck off! Rauf (German 'away!') with that!
    - Wake up, you! On your knees in front of the God!
    - Rauf! Rauf! You have nothing to came here for! Fuck you!
    - Radio Mary is best! This is for Poland! And not things like that... Don't you record it!
    - Jewish pric*s! Fuck off! Jews, masons! You're just like dogs to the Most Holy Mary!
    - He is, we can say, saint. He can be compared to the very God.
    ------

In the school year that is about to begin the grade mark from Religious Education will be included in calculating the arithmetic mean of all grades (very important factor, something like GPA) - it wasnt included before. Who chooses not to attend RE will attend Ethics - which is taught in 0.03% of schools in the country.

Two days ago some photos were revealed. They were depicting All-Polish Youth - once mentioned organisation - camps, in which the members were having good time doing Hitler salute towards the burning, wooden swastika, shouting 'sieg heil' and 'niggers back to africa'. Photos like that were already revealed before, but the organisation is still legal. Why not? Deputy K. Bosak when interviewed said that he's proud he was once a member of such a great organisation as All-Polish Youth is. He is also seen on some photos doing 'sieg heil' in a pub with his friends, but he said... that was the way they ordered beer. :eusa_clap Nice try!

Is there any hope left? :icon_sad:

Well, there's always hope. And thank you at all for your comments! :smilewave