1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My sister and my mother

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Holmes, Mar 26, 2010.

1. Holmes

Yesterday morning, I was having breakfast with my sister. Our mother looked in from the other side of the room and said to my sister dismissively, "Are they your trousers? Is that what's in now?" They happen to have been a pair she got the same as one a lesbian friend of ours had, so they're probably ever so slightly butch. My sister later said that she wished she'd said, "Yes they are in fashion, I've seen loads of men wearing trousers like that".

When I came out to my sister, three years younger than me, in December 2008, she had been going out with a boy for two months, but she said that she was also bisexual. She broke up with him, but soon after started going out with another boy, they've been together for more than a year, and spent last summer working abroad in a small town.

Recently, I said of our little brother in some context, Boys will be boys, my mother looked back at me and said, Most of them anyway. My sister got more put out at that than me, saying later that she doesn't like our mother's views of what girls and boys should be. In any case, our mother was completely fine with me being gay.

It's nothing serious, but she does find it annoying. Given that she's been with a boy for more than a year, she does seem to be on the straight side of bi right now, but she does like to be a little open. There's no clever retort she should give, like the one above, or something, is there? What do you think?

2. Just Adam

ive no clue sorry, but i dont think it should matter what your mums views are it shouldent affect your lives.

3. Holmes

Oh of course. Not that we do at all, and seriously things are fine at home, I think I just felt like ranting a bit about that.

4. Just Adam

rantings good especially here where we care and understand instead of out there in real life.

you and your sister could always try the your more man than me and she can fire your more woman than me, no real point but may just get under ya mums skin a little i do it to my sister all the time. though its just to annoy her haha