1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anyone here not into hookups?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by dude99, Mar 27, 2010.

1. dude99

dude99 Guest

Anyone here not into hookups or one night stands? Me I not into hookups. If a guy wants to hook up with me for sex even if he is cute or hot then I just dont really take the plunge. I rather get to know a guy first before I consider those things and then see what can happen between us.

2. RaeofLite

Yea, that's ok with me and I'm sure others on EC will agree. I prefer relationships actually. :slight_smile:

3. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not into hookups either. Honestly, if someone's just looking for a hookup, they're probably not what I'm after and I'm probably not what they're after.

4. Shevanel

THIS. Yep.

5. Mogget

I've never been approached for a hookup, and I'm not sure how I'd react. It would probably depend on the person and where I was in my life at that moment in time. Right now? I'd probably say no. My last (and only) sexual encounter/relationship left me feeling pretty stunted and abandoned in that department, and I want to fully explore myself sexually, and I don't think a hookup would let me do that. I feel similarly about a friends with benefits arrangement unless the "with benefits" includes quite a bit of physical affection (i.e. kissing, sitting quietly, cuddling, massaging, etc).

But...I'm not at all sure that'll always be the case for me. I think if I had a better sense of who I was, my views would be quite different. But I dunno if they'd be different in the sense of being open to the idea, or totally and completely closed to it.

6. dukeguy06

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't like hook-ups, sex isn't that important to me anyways. I want a relationship, sex is just the cherry on top.

7. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Frankly, for me...I'm a person who likes to chat after sex....etc. So frankly the fact that NSAs are like fuck and go, it's just like, no thanks.

8. Cynic

In Loving Memory Regular Member

Sex with someone you've met for less than half a day is pretty meaningless. You meet, you chat, you have sex, you leave. There just doesn't seem to be much passion or, in some sense, atraction beyond the superficity of "I want to fuck you because you're cute/hot/fit", and then you may exchange numbers following that, but that's really it. If I was approached to hook up, I wouldn't take it. I'd much rather get properly acquanted with a guy and develop a friendship, see if we have any traits that are likeable or suit each other's needs, and then develop a relationship. If you have sex with someone you have feelings for, naturally it's going to be a more enjoyable experience.

9. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

Random hookups, no.
    Friends with benefits, possibly.

10. paco

paco Guest

the thought of hookups just always seemed so awkward to me. you're basically doing your most private things with a stranger or someone that doesnt actually matter. no thanks.

11. katie

nah, im not into that either. sex means something to me, it's special. i don't want to go giving myself to someone ive only just met during some drunken night out.

12. Just Adam

not for me made my mistakes i wont go near strangers again

sadly though modern culture seems to be the era of the hookup the one night stand people care more about sex than relationships :frowning2:

that or you seem to need to be beautiful just to get looked at let alone a relationship.

13. gaz83

gaz83 Guest

nope, im not into this in the slightest. all my friends are into just random strangers but i just see everyone else as a slag or twat. most my friends after a nite out end up goin off with someone and then they never hear from em again. i hate that and i just want one person that you have things in common with and can do things with. guess id be class as a bit of a sensible romantic.

14. Sylver

I could quote pretty much everyone so far, this is me too. I'm into finding friendships first, and if they evolve into relationships then great. And like Josh says sex is just the cherry on top, the pinnacle. Paco is right, sex is too private and personal of a thing for me to share with someone I barely know. But then that's just me and to each his/her own...

15. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm more into long term committed relationships, though I have friends that are a little more "easy going"

16. SaturdaySaviour

This. I'd rather have sex with someone I actually know.

17. partietraumatic

i disagree. I'd rather a random hook up than friends with benefits. If its someone random who you aren't gonna see again, there is no chance of emotional complications which i believe inevitably arise from 'friends with benefits'.

18. fragomatrick

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    hook ups?! i am lucky if anyone gay just talks with me! forget talking with me.. if they lok at me ,even from a mile! (No I dont look like a zombie! And yes I am in the closet and its getting pretty dark in here!

19. xCrazyInsanity

random sex isn't my thing...

20. Beachboi92

i don't hate the idea of hook-ups and have like twice (one time i regret the other time was fun) but i would def prefer a relationship. Friends with benefits seems like a trap to me and i wouldn't do it in a situation where it is friends for a while then benefits or a relationship then friends with benefits. However if it starts as a hookup then goes into friends with benefits i think that would be less complicated and maybe something i'd do :x

If i do meet a guy though i am not going to start of with sex unless that is the mutual agreement. And as mentioned trying to get a relationship out of someone in it for a hookup is prob a bad idea :x Each situation is different though you never know what is gonna happen till your talking with them in your room then they start dry humping you and pulling off your pants (true story) hahaha