1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Starbucks Thread!/Ask a Barista!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by hairdye, Apr 7, 2010.

1. hairdye

Whats New and Interesting at Starbucks?

Coming this summer: Make it your Frappucino!
    Coming soon, you can have your favorite Frappucino anyway you'd like it!
    Try a delicious Soy Dark Cherry Mocha Frappucino!

--------------------------------------------------
    For those of you whom aren't familiar with me, I'm Stevie Jay. I've worked for Starbucks for 2 years. I'm actually not technically a barista, I'm a manager, but I was a Barista for a year! And I am a certified Coffee Master. Please, ask your questions, I'd love to expand everyones love for coffee and for Starbucks!

2. padre411

Hey - I just got my Starbuck's "gold" card in the mail yesterday. What is up with that?

And let me say tht the venti soy vanilla latte is a great lunch on the go.

Peace, Mike

3. Ben

Ben

Why are the sizes all so confusing?

4. Just Adam

whys it so expensive? whys the muffins really really fattening ..yet look good to me?

why do i love the smell of coffee but think it tastes meh

is it a good place to have a date?

and why are the names getting longer all teh time. liek now we got frappa mocha docha super deluxe heart attackacino

mind you a heartattackacino sounds kinda funny

5. Sylver

So more than one barista at this local village Starbucks is obviously gay... from a barista's perspective how does one go about initiating the courtship ritual with a barista? What menu item, when appropriately ordered, says "I'd like to get to know you better"?

6. Just Adam

maybe say your not sure what you fancy and what does he recommend ...mabe seductive smiles can help lol.

7. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Teehee. On the informal "predictor of someone's gayness" index that my friends and I have developed, working at Starbucks is like 1000 points toward being gay if you're a guy. Seems to be true at starbucks everywhere, dunno why. Interestingly, the opposite is true of Jamba Juice.

8. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Why, since they seem to have conquered the world already, is there not a Starbucks within my area? I don't drink coffee anyway, but I've heard that they act as a "gay haven", why is that anyway? Do gay people drink more coffee than straight people? And what's the most popular size? Why do they keep getting bigger? Will the next size up come with wheels?

9. MusicIsLife

the starbucks in the bookstore where I work say that soon they will be able to make their fraps non-dairy. is this true, or will there still be some kind of milk-related powder in the drink?

10. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Why does everybody between the ages of 18 and 32 I know who is in a band work at Starbucks? Are they just really good at letting employees off for rehearsals and gigs?

A friend of mine who is in a band actually recently posted on facebook - "Good news - I finally got a job!" I said, "Great! I'll have a vanilla steamed milk, please." To which he said, "How did you know it was at Starbucks?"

Lex

11. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    why does every Starbucks I go to put whipped cream on my coffee when I ask them not to?

12. SlickyPants

Is it wrong to ask a cute coffee-shop guy/barista (Starbucks or otherwise) out for coffee or would he look at me like his boss just asked him to stay an extra two hours without OT?

13. Apocalypte

Why do so many people like milky drinks so much? It's like they don't actually like the taste of coffee at all...

(I'm a lactose-intolerant caffeine addict. Milk just fills up space in the cup that could be used for more coffee.)

14. frostreaver

omg! this! >.>

15. Lychee

What is a good way to get less calories in my drink?

16. rebz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The milk isn't really filling up the space where more coffee would be, it's filling up the space where water would be. Espresso shot + milk vs Espresso shot + water, unless you drink straight shots..

17. Techcompu2

this:
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfrP-lal45E[/YOUTUBE]

18. hairdye

A: This happens often, I know. I do it myself. And in advance, i apologize on behalf of the company. Why does this happen? I'm assuming the beverage you commonly get is one of 4 things, A white mocha/caffe mocha, A promotional or Cinnamon Dulce Latte, or a frappucino. By Standard, all of these drinks get whip cream unless asked otherwise.

A couple things can happen then, The barista writing your cup may for get to mark a WC (whip cream) with a slash in the custom box.
    The barista making the drink may overlook this and make the drink to standard as they know it and add the whip cream.
    Or like me, the may get carried away making the drink look pretty and add it.

if your beverage is not one of these... you're going to an ill trained starbucks that needs to revisit their training on beverage quality and I'm sorry.

Thank you guys sooo much for all of your questions! Super excited to answer them all!
    I'm off to bed because i have to work at 4am, but i'll take my laptop with me and start answering more in the morning!

19. adam88

You know what's funny? Here in Toronto, the folks at Starbucks always ask me if I want whipped cream on my mocha, they never just put it on by default.

I always say yes. :grin:

As to the male working at Starbucks = probably gay. Yes. :grin: I've found this, too.

20. kv88

I miss the dulce de leche frappuccino. The green tea is the best.

Anyways question to a barista:

Has a unsatisfied customer ever threw hot coffee at you? If it did happen, how did you respond?

And to Starbucks customers:

Have you ever been faced by people who are ANTI - STARBUCKS and preach to you about supporting local coffee?

I have not but I like going to both places. Starbucks has the best green tea out there, while most I've been too, tasted fake.