1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Interracial Relationships?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ReZipped, Apr 8, 2010.

?

Are you a relationship rascist?

1. Color isn't a factor. Personality counts most.

44 vote(s)
    64.7%
  2. Don't really step out of my comfort zone, but I'm willing!

14 vote(s)
    20.6%
  3. Some I don't care, but I'll avoid others.

6 vote(s)
    8.8%
  4. I only date ______.

2 vote(s)
    2.9%
  5. I'd never date someone who was ______.

2 vote(s)
    2.9%
  1. ReZipped

So...

I was just wondering, and reading, about the points of dating someone of a different ethnicity.

Personally, I don't mind. Each race has it's yummy people and ugly people. I'd probably never date a fellow Asian. Though.

But what about you?

Do you stick to a single flavor? Avoid another?

#1 ReZipped, Apr 8, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2010
  2. CAERismatic

well, i'm mixed race and it's often hard to tell what race i am, so if someone only dates a certain race they'll probably over look me. but in general, i'm willing to date any race. the only i've never dated would be an asian, but i think asians are super yummy, so that one isn't a problem.

however, i will admit that i'm slightly put off by black people, which is entirely unfair of me since i'm half black, but for me, you have to prove that you're "cultured" if you're black. i know it sounds horrible. but i have gang bangers for cousins so if you're anything like them, you're out. i don't like the flashy, big and bold, "i'm from the ghetto, bby!" thing. but that's just me opinion.

3. mattypants

if i got with another mixed race guy... what would that make us? xD
    i wouldnt restrict myself from other 'races', but i have my comfort zone [ie type of guys i find that do it the best for me ^_^]

4. dude99

dude99 Guest

well you did not spell racist right and I dont think its the right word to describe what you stated. Just because you are sexually not into another race does not mean you are racist. Just like if you are gay and not into women and that does not make you racist. A racist is if you discriminate against people or an hatred or dislike regarding their skin colour or ethnicity and ignore their content of characteristics within a person and it does not include sexual preference. A much better approach for this question would be: do you prefer dating people of your own race, or would you date someone of another race.

#4 dude99, Apr 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2010
  5. Connor22

I actually find myself more attracted to asian people than causcasians, that said I dont' really care

6. L|L

L|L

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm an EOF: Equal opportunity f***.

It doesn't matter to me what colour is your skin - just what's upstairs (and a bit downstairs :wink:)

7. ReZipped

YEAH! At first I admit I never would've date a black guy in middle school or my freshmen year, but now, after meeting black people who doesn't find the need to say "Son!" while talking to me, I'd rethink it if someone ever asked me out.

Oops. You're right I spelt it wrong; was just typing by whatever looked closer. As for the word choice, the alliteration seemed catchier and shorter. But it is in some cases appropriate. Vegas has it's it's fill of real-world racists where some people really would never give a certain person the time of day, let alone date them. The word is utilized more often, and loses some, if not a lot, of it's impact around here.

8. Alex19

race is of no consequence to me. so long as i think ur hot, u got a shot. but i have to say, the darker the skin the better. i love me darker white and asian guys, hispanics and brown black guys. there is a limit to how dark however... but i can make exceptions for lighter skinned fellows as well. in the end, its all about personality and hottness :slight_smile:

9. Roralo

Roralo Guest

Ouch at the fellow asian comment. Stings.
    Nah, I'm equal opportunity. I do find myself liking my caucasians and latinos a bit more, but I have seen and met my fair share of chocolate :slight_smile:

10. Brandford

I'm color blind (not literally) but I do tend to be more attracted to the lighter skinned races, especially those that look good with long straight hair.

11. Aiken

Yea, ouch. We asians are pretty cute, hot, handsome, funny, adorable, cheap, romantic, sensitive, sentimental, etc too.

We need some love. :frowning2:

12. RaeofLite

I've dated mainly caucasians, but I've been attracted to women of all races and would be willing to date someone of any race if there was chemistry. :slight_smile:

13. bailey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    color doesn't matter to me :slight_smile:

14. I've said this before, but I've crushed on a pale ivory white-skinned girl and a fairly dark black girl. Both in around the same time period. And several colors in between. :slight_smile: So doesn't really matter to me.

15. ReZipped

LoL. I wouldn't but I know other people who are into Asians. There's the whole Potato to Rice Queens division when it comes to Asians.

East Coast Asians are into white people (Potato), West Coast Asians are more open to dating other Asians (Rice).

I think I'm more of a Potato Queen even if Vegas is on the West Coast.

16. RaRa

Lol I'm with him.

17. ADTR fan

ADTR fan Guest

omg i loved that comment :grin:

I'm not necessarily making choices on race when it comes to dating, but where I live, the majority of blacks are "ghetto" or act it, even if they live in the affluent neighborhoods. So it's more of a clique or stereotype that changes it for me. If you act ghetto, hot or not, I'm not going to want to be around you. But I've been attracted to asians, whites, latinos, blacks, and mixed. (I'm also mixed)

18. Just Adam

race has nothing what so ever to do with hotness.

19. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've only had a couple boyfriends, and they've both been my race. I have plenty of friends of other races, and never had an issue, so I'm assuming it'd never be a factor.

Lex

20. Markio

I think the race of the person/people I ever date will depend on the diversity of where I live.