1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you think of the Facebook fan pages? Are they annoying or are you addicted?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ok455, Apr 14, 2010.

1. ok455

I find it annoying when people become a fan of every freaking thing on facebook and it fills up the news feed page. I can't count the numbers of people i put on ignore or deleted for becoming fans of everything i swear this girl had to became a fan of over 50 stuff in 5mins. Nobody cares if you a fan of "REMEMBERING THAT U 4GOT 2 TELL SOME1 SOMETHING THEN GOING TO SCHOOL AND WEARING A NEW SHIRT FOR THE FIRST TIME AND UR PARENTS YELL AT U". I'm hoping facebook will have a block for it one day these fan pages has seriously gotten out of hand i want to go on facebook to chat and read news feeds not see you join a thousand fan pages in an 3mins.

Those people that makes these stupid fan pages need a hobby

Sorry for the rant people

#1 ok455, Apr 14, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2010
  2. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Re: What do you think of the Facebook fan pages? Are they annoying or are you addicte

They can be pretty annoying, especially when people join 352963 of them, or when your news feed fills with those "become a fan to see the picture" pages. I have a rather irrational pet peeve with fan pages, too - if you're a "fan" of something, wouldn't that generally suggest that you like it? I'm not a fan of "that person that just PISSES YOU OFF with everything they do or say". I'm a fan of a fair few things, don't get me wrong, but some of them just make me roll my eyes.

3. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Re: What do you think of the Facebook fan pages? Are they annoying or are you addicte

Meh, I like them. Some of them are hilarious. I also think there is an option for your homepage to ignore them

4. Harve

I'm a fan of 134 things over a year or so, but i've seen people become a fan of more things than that in a day :/.

5. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

annoying

6. Ben

Ben

I'm a fan of 71 chocolate products, one cupcake and Nigella Lawson.

7. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

A few years ago, Cracked.com did an article entitled "The 10 Commandments of Facebook." One of them was, "Thou Shalt Not Join A Billion Groups," and i interpret that one to apply to pages as well, since pages are suffering the same phenomena as groups once suffered. I think this text from last night sums up my opinion best: "Wow. Thanks for becoming another fan of something on Facebook. You make me want to gouge my eyes out."

That said, I am a fan of four pages on Facebook: "The Ability to Spell Whole Words and Use Punctuation", "I dont care about your farm, or your fish, or your park, or your mafia!!!", "I hate it when I'm making a milkshake and boys just show up in my yard", and "Strange Women Lying in Ponds and Distributing Swords as a Government System". I feel strongly enough about the first two that I felt I should show my support, and the last two were just too clever for me to not become a fan of them.

8. gamnrd

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

i really hate the new fan pages where you have to become a fan to see something but first you also have to finish those quizes that want your cell number

9. RaRa

I love them! Definately adducted! :grin:

10. lostinthought9

I wouldn't say I'm "addicted," but there are a bunch I find interesting. If I come across one I like, I'll become a fan. Although, I refuse to become a fan of the ones that misspell every other word in it, and use all the wrong forms of words (their/there/they're). THOSE annoy me.

11. Apocalypte

I just add ones I really like, which means I've added stuff ranging from M&S cookies to FC Barcelona to Rush...

I think I had about 100 of them added the last time I checked, which is nothing compared to my little sister who adds about 20 a day.

12. Étoile

I've become a fan of 1,439 pages and 271 groups. Totally addicted! A lot of them are like they were made for me or hilarious. 5 pages I'm a fan of currently:

It's so bad for me, why did you do it so much when you were a teenager?-Can't stand when parents forget when they were a teen.

Yes, I really do care about you :slight_smile:.-Some people don't know how much I love or want them.

You can't be best friends without insulting each other constantly.-I always insult my best friend

I left our chat open for hours hoping you would say something.-Pathetically've done this numerous times.

I feel ninja when I open the fridge and catch the mustard with my elbow-Because who doesn't?

I do have to agree that being bombarded by Page Updates are annoying but they suggest more groups to join!

13. Harve

14. stratavos

oakville(college) and oshawa(hometown) ont, Canada

I find the fan pages on facebook mostly annoying.

15. ok455

I would had to delete/hide you by then imo its just as annoying as e-mail spam too much of it. Like i said i just want to have a friendly chat not people flooding my news feed with 1000 pages of people fanning/liking pages. i had to recently put this girl on hide because she broke up with her boyfriend and she fans pages that relate to that(You broke my heart once but your not doing it again) I understand your hurt but come one with the pages its not going to change anything.

16. kettleoffish

99% of them annoy the tits off of me, especially the ones where you need to become a fan to see some piece of copypasta that's been floating round the cesspools of the internet for years anyway. A small number are mildly amusing. None are more than that.