1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The awkward moment

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by British Lad, Apr 15, 2010.

1. British Lad

British Lad Guest

Have you ever been in a situation were you scrach the back of your head and somebody has given you a gift but it is against your sexualty? Example: You being gay getting a Calender of girls in binkis (This happened to me today) and you want to say your gay but you cant for one reason or another?
    I would like to hear you storys.

#1 British Lad, Apr 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2010
  2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've never gotten anything in precisely this manner, but I HAVE gotten gifts that are totally unsuited for me. For instance, my brother once got me a book called "How to Choose Your New Career". This despite the fact that I was employed, and loved my job. (He kinda thought it was dumb, and I should get a "real" job...) When this happens, I just say "Thanks. You obviously gave this a lot of thought." And try to say it as unironically as possible.

What would I do with the gift? If I was given a bikini calendar, I'd put it up at work. I sort of like having things that run counter to my personality. One year for Christmas, my mother (for reasons that aren't entirely clear) bought me an AC/DC T-shirt. This despite the fact that I've never been a fan. No worries - I still wear it. :slight_smile:

Lex

3. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Weird time of the year to get a calendar! ;o

But just say "thanks" and move on? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: You can have a laugh about it later when you come out to him.

4. British Lad

British Lad Guest

I was a late christmas present turned into easter present and oddly enought it was my nan. An no she is not a lesbean

5. J Schuelke

The time it happened to me was so awkward! I was working with the usual landscape crew when my forman needed to go somewhere to get something important but we were using the truck we had. So he asked If he could borrow my car for a few minutes, so I obliged and he left. Thirty minutes later he comes back and he says he got me something but he left it in the car. So I was confused but kept on going with my work.

Later at the end of the day I went back to my car to find a hustler sitting on my passenger seat. I was so stunned and surprised I had to laugh at it. Good thing he wasn't right there or I might have embarrassed him. Later I thanked him for his thoughtfullness and a few days later I gave it to a str8 friend of mine, lol.