1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blocked by the web police

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by LorenzG1950, Apr 16, 2010.

1. LorenzG1950

Sorry, I've been away since before Christmas. Our web police (Internet filters) blocked EC, the Advocate, and similar sites because they were "LGBT". I blogged about it on our BWnow web site, here an excerpt:

"While the rest of the “DoD” world is promoting themselves on social media sites, the average user can’t even access news videos, much less, Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, or your own profile right here at BW Now. I’m hoping a 119 ticket will allow me to access my profile soon. The same goes for LGBT sites. President Obama can declare June as LGBT month but that doesn’t mean there is equality of access from a government computer. Hello China. Maybe LGBT news sites are only available during June each year? I wonder how Secretary of Defense, Gates, will poll the military on “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” if LGBT is still “block” criteria for the web police. How will they publish the results? Visit your neighborhood Internet Café?
    I'm sure this had nothing to do with the new policy that unblocks sites like EC. Who knows. As of yesterday, I can access EC from work again. It's nice to be back! (!)(!)(!)