1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Promiscuity in Gay/Lesbians...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by abercrombieboi, Sep 1, 2007.

1. abercrombieboi

Ok i dont know whether this is allowed or not in the forums but i hope it doesn't break any rules and i don't expect the, tooooo.

Ok so to begin, there is a stereotype that homosexuals especially males are very, very promiscuous and sexually active. As I have learned yesterday there are people who are but they aren't proud of it or they let it get out of hand...and there are some like me who are I guess are "proud" of it and happy overall with their life. Are there any people out there who can ake either side of the discussion, whether or not promiscuity is a bad or good thing or just a gray area?

Abercrombieboi

2. CrimsonThunder

So are straight people... >_>

3. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

It looks fine to me. :thumbsup:

4. wtinal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree! I don't think there is much difference between promiscuity in gay people versus straight people. I was always scared as a teenager to do any "sleeping around". The idea of AIDS or STD or whatever scared me into being very, very careful.

5. davo-man

I think gay men are more promiscuous because the people they are trying to have one night stands with also wanna have one night stands, where as, stereotypically (so not always, women are not so much into the one night stand thing

Personally, Im not promiscuous at all, in fact im quite innocent and naive when it comes to "that kind of stuff", but if people wanna be promiscuous, then who am i to stop them. Being sexually confident doesnt make you a slurry...thinking that doing everything in sight is the only way to make people like you makes you a slurry. But either way....THEY NEED TO BE SAFE....WEAR A CONDOM...Or at least thats my opinion

6. abercrombieboi

I KNOOO,

its like ok straight ppl are always like saying that promiscuity is our downfall, when in reality they are jus as promiscuous, and well me as a curious person am very promiscuous and flirtatious and i guess you can say slutty, but i still have more i guess endearing qualities to me, like how im a dancer and an honors student and actually pretty romantic when it comes to serious relationships, while those criticizing str8 ppl are usually the ones who are failing in school and dont give a flying f*** about what lies ahead in their future
    (at least in my expirience)...but yea jus thought i'd give that lil piece of info

and damn i got a lot of replies in such a short amount of time....yay me!

Abercrombieboi

7. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That'd be me.

I don't know enough gay men to know whether there are usually promiscuous or not. However, I know that the word "promiscuous" is never used to refer to straight men. It's reserved for straight women, gay men and lesbians... unfair isn't it?

8. jroakwood

heh. unless youre nelly furtado, calling timbaland "promiscuous boy". :slight_smile:

but yeah, i know that stereotype. i dont think it would really fit to me.
    im just someone who would love to have a guy to like... be with, cuddle, watch a movie, just be together. it would be like... emotional & physical, with sexual after that in importance.
    hah. ive been called a romantic. and i know i am. hahah.

but i dont see anything wrong with being promiscuous or "slutty" as long as youre being safe.

9. nisomer

i think its a stereotype that has stuck with us since the 60s and 70s, before the aids crisis. since then, the numbers have went down dramatically. i think now, there are just as many gay people who "sleep around" as there are straight people, percentage wise.

10. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I want that....................... :frowning2:

11. Personally, I think that there's a fair amount of sexual promiscuity in both the hetrosexual and homosexual communities. It's not a good thing or a bad thing, IMHO. Being upfront sexually is just how our society works these days and there's nothing that we can really do about it except try to challenge ourselves to not get swept up in that sort of thing.

But for what it's worth, I'm not sexually active and I plan on waiting until I know that I've found the right guy. :slight_smile: