1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I've Always Wondered

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Psych!, Sep 2, 2007.

1. Psych!

Psych! Guest

I know it's harder for Gays & Lesbians to find a partner in comparison to Heterosexuals, since most people try to hide their sexuality. But I've always wondered, is it harder for guys to find boyfriends or for girls to find girlfriends?

I personally think that it's harder for lesbians to find girlfriends just cause girls are more affectionate with each other than guys, so it's harder to distinguish, if you know what I mean.

What's your opinion?

2. xxAngelOnFirexx

girls to me are also more open about being gay and bi. at least the ones i know. and as for as i know guys aren't as accepting as to each other so they don't come out to each other. girls seem more accpeting to me.

3. surfrboykai

of course chicks are more open about being gay or bi. they're not as scrutinized and hated as much as guys are =/

4. Nicknikko

i agree with surfer boy... but that doesn't really mean they are not just ask monique she was bashed and all that...

5. Tom

Tom Guest

ill have 2 say guys, cant explain anythin well so ill jst leave it at tht

6. Jeimuzu

I think guys find it hard. There's a lot more stigma attached to gay guys, with the whole effeminate behaviour stereotype, not to mention the fact that the majority of homophobes are male, as far as I've found.

People tend to be okay about homosexuals of the opposite gender; guys tend to find lesbians hot, maybe something to do with desiring what you can't have. Girls tend to find gay guys cute - it's somehow romantic, I think.

7. SpikySpice

Girls at my school are really o[pen in public about being lesbian, they hug, kiss each other in front of people, while gusy have to sneak in the corner or between the coke machines, i catch a couple once, cuz they didnt know it was my favorite coke machine:grin:

But guys are more likely lucky cuz there are many gay guys than lesbian girls in this world, as you can tell

and guys have lots of activities that require nakedness, like in the shower after a football game ect ect ect

and most guys always have the sleeping habit with boxers or naked so they always do that at their friends house

most guys get drunk and then they cant control themselves and stuffs, yeah, lots of possibilities for the male side

8. Psych!

Psych! Guest

Well, yeah, girls are more open 'bout it...

9. Girls always seemed more open to it to me as well. It isn't to say they have it easier or anything but they seem like they come to terms with it "easier" for lack of a better word....

10. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Also, if you think about it, it might be harder for guys because women are raised to be relationship facilitators. If you look at straight relationships a lot of the heavy lifting emotion-wise and just the outlining of compromises and the work that goes into making a relationship work is done by the woman--and is EXPECTED to be done by the woman, because as we all know, women are "naturally" nurturing and caring and compassionate and in touch with their feelings, much more so than men. *rolls eyes* (That was extreme sarcasm, in case that didn't come across.) So in that kind of context, two guys might not be all that skilled in knowing how to make a relationship work.

But I'm not sure if that applies so much to a guy FINDING another guy or a woman FINDING another woman...

11. libertine

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    hahaha I don't know about girls but unless you are completely out of the closet it's a pain.

12. xequar

But once you are in fact all the way out of the closet, life just gets so much better and easier. It's kind of funny, because I had (and am still having, if I wanted) a much easier time finding someone right now than my HETEROsexual roommate is. I really feel bad for him, too, because if he were gay, I'd want to date him.

13. cords

I guess it depends on how out you are. See, I've met a few cute guys, but didn't dare ask them out. I've only told one person. If word got around, I'd be in trouble. Not for the fact that I'm gay, but for the fact that I haven't told my parents.