1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Style and Fashion...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by travelinsoul21, Apr 26, 2010.

1. I am not into fashion or anything of the like, but the downside to that is that I wear whatever I can find and more often than not, look like hell. I don't know anything about style and I would like to be able to dress myself so that I look good....any suggestions?

2. Metaphysical

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ask the people in the shops.

Sometimes they can be pretty nasty, and just want to sell you things.

But more often then not, they will help you. ^_^

3. I guess I could ask my cousin too...she's good with that kind of thing usually

4. Metaphysical

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    -Nods- look at some pics online too.

see if you can find something which you like, then try to picture yourself in it. :slight_smile:

5. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Need a pic of you to give suggestions =]

6. check my profile album

7. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

If I may be frank, one thing to avoid doing if you want to look good is trying to hide your size. As a plus-size fashion blogger I read occasionally once said:

If you already do that, then you are already part of the way there, but if you don't, it's something to consider. Sorry I can't be of more help; I'm not really into the fashion/style thing either; I just know what looks good on me.

8. Well I do know that trying to hide my size doesn't work. Problem is, i can't find clothes that are the right size, they are either too small or way too loose.....I'm working on losing weight, but it's slow going at this point

9. Kevin42

Kevin42 Guest

First, congrats on trying to lose weight. I have been there, so I know it's hard work, but it's worth it once you reach your goal :slight_smile:!

Secondly, I think that every guy looks good in a nice, well fitting pair of jeans accompanied by a solid polo (Express Men has a huge variety of solid polos). There really isn't much you can mess up if you go with that combination. Also, try getting people to go shopping with you, and get them to help you learn what colors look good on you.

That's just some basic advice, but it's an easy way to start.

10. I love polos and jeans, but I am wanting something else as well. Usually, polo and jeans is all I where when i "dress up" and I'm wanting something else that I look stylish in

11. Zumbro

I hate to be stereotypical, but what has worked for me is females.

Females, in my experience, generally love to shop, mainly because they're damn good at it. It may be a bit embarassing to admit your size if you're ashamed of it, but your friends really don't care, and chances are they would love to help you pick out an entire new wardrobe.

The steps, in order:
    1. Find your good female friend (the better she looks, the better off you are)
    2. Take her shopping with you.
    3. Look awesome.
    4. ??????
    5. Profit!

:grin:

12. paco

paco Guest

he's absolutely right

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-eak9Jz3_k&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

13. mattypants

though, i find it doesnt have to be a girl, per se. a guy with just as much fashion sense would be of help... though id think the fact that theyre the same gender would be a plus.

14. Khobra

Khobra Guest

My suggestion - go to stores and just try out clothing that catches your eye and try them on. (Don't forget to bring along someone to tell you if it looks good on you or not...)
    If they don't fit you well, keep looking for more.

15. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

The only suggestion I can give you is to fidn a style that you like and go with it. Try finding something that really fits who you are kinda deal.

Also, I'm going with the advice of getting someone to help you out. With me it was my sis haha she is awesome at that.

16. gaz83

gaz83 Guest

thats actually a good point. if i go shoppng i like to have my sister with me cos she at least will be honest, hwever my best friend is much better at suggesting something different. and i also help her out with what she goes out to buy. im a little too honest when it comes to what she looks for and i think she appreciates that. i have a knack for dressing women well if they look to get some male attention haha.

but i can easily pick stuff for myself. one of my best male friends even asks me for tips on stuff before he shops for things online.

but to the guy that opened the post, i suggest keep working away at trimming down and you will get there. i alwys say jeans and a nice shirt is spot on for fashion. no stripy shirts tho. or pink, thats a no-no