1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the "gay" voice...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by surfrboykai, Sep 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. surfrboykai

i've been wondering this for like, a long time, and i really hope to not offend anyone here...

but the "queer" voice, the really feminine and lispy, etc, etc, basically, stereotypical voice...how does that happen? do you like, practice it? or are you just that way naturally? i have a "normal" voice. people can't tell i'm gay unless i tell them. but i really don't mean to offend, i just don't know if it's yer "real" voice or if you had to practice to change it.

2. ethene

i dont think voice pitch has antyhing to do with sexual orientation. i have a normal voice, and nobody would ever guess im gay just by hearing me.

3. Kimi

OMG, he is god of gay mens:lol: :lol: And I love him.

I don't really think there are actually gay voice...I think the way of speaking can be sound gay.
    I think if you hang out with people like William Sledd all the time and with girls only then you might become speak like them but I think it's not something you practiced. I think they speak that way naturally:slight_smile:

4. Micah

The "why" isn't really known. Is it psychological? Do gay men just want to 'fit in'? Is it because they hang around with a lot of women? Is it because they want to conform? Is it genetic? Are gay men sometimes born with speech differences?

No one really knows the answer...it just sort of happens. Though I'm quite sure there's more than a single explanation for different cases.

5. Jeimuzu

The two most effeminate gay men I knew - both the sort of types that get obsessed with fashion, and one of them is indeed now working in the fashion industry - both had that lisp. I can't stand it. It just reminds me of one in particular, who I truly couldn't stand. Horrible horrible person.

6. EthanS

EthanS Guest

OMG i hate them =P

7. Psych!

Psych! Guest

Hahaha
    :laugh:

Yeah well, I have a deep voice, so no one would ever guess I'm gay
    I told one person and she flipped out, saying that I acted too str8 and had to "Gay Up"
    W/E that is

8. Tom

Tom Guest

ive been tolf i "gay it up" aswell if i ever wana pulla guy lol, they have suggested tight pink hotpants, a lil dog in a bag etc. etc. but ilioke hu i am and the gay voice well i fink its not the gay voice but the camp voice, u lot shud know the difference between gay and camp seein as most of u ive tlked 2 aint camp, and camp guys usually are the ones tht tlk about fashion and tht with girls and have the, sorry 2 any1 with this voice, anoyin voice. as far as i know the voice is almost entirely environmental facotrs so it wud b because of friends bein femlae etc.

9. ppreston9

ppreston9 Guest

well i definitly say like a lot. some ppl get annoyed lol.

10. xequar

I dunno... I don't have the "gay voice" as it were, so I don't know how one goes about getting it. I know of a couple of gay people that I believe work very hard at making themselves into the epitome of the gay stereotype, so I fully believe they practiced their voice. In other cases, I think it's purely natural.

11. cords

People could probably tell I was gay, a couple of years ago. I had a Paris Hilton-ish voice. It was like really embarrassing. But, mine has deepened.

12. 24601

I'm not really sure about my voice. When I hear it, I think it sounds kind of gay. But no one has ever mentioned it, and most people say I seem straight... or seemed. I guess, like many of the others who have replied, that it comes either just naturally, or as a result from hanging around other gay men/women more often than straight guys. I doubt people wake up and say, "I'm going to sound gay today," although I wouldn't put it past a few people that I know.

13. abercrombieboi

ok ummm i might as well put my 2 cents in this...

Ummm i dont think htat boys can reely have that gay voice unless they practice, even the most feminine boys cant have voices that high, i would know since im pretty fem...also i hope it doesn't offend anyone but its not reely attractive at least to me..like i cant reely say anything cuz my voice isnt exactly the deepest, but its like yea, i have plenty of gay friends with that voice but it gets sooooo annoying after it's like shut up...lols j/k those are my little fags minions that im talking about that i love with a passion...but yea

but about that other people knowing your gay right off the bat..well people know it because of the way i take care of myself and the way i walk and my posture, but then again, i do all of these really proper things like hold the door open for women or hold my shoulders in a certain way when i do anything (dancing does WONDERS to your posture) but yeah.......*sigh* that was a long winded spiel for such an i guess easy like opinion...lols

Abercrombieboi

14. surfrboykai

ok, so i'm not the only one >_>

well, hate isn't the word. i find it very unattractive

15. liszak

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think the "gay voice" can be cute.

16. ok455

Guys like that are usually mean i don't really like them

Btw the guy in that video is annoying

17. I think it would just happen if the person was really effeminate.

18. Gera-Kun

I don't have the "gay Voice"...and i think it would have come naturally! ^^

19. Jim1454

I have a pretty 'straight' voice - I don't think anyone would suspect that I'm gay based on the way I talk.

I have to agree that I don't really like a guy with a "gay, lispy" voice. I'd find it annoying before very long.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.