1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bunches of stuff

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Eligh, Nov 9, 2005.

1. Eligh

Hello one, hello all, it is I, Ely, here to spread my thoughts once again in this great little web site of fourms and posts. First off, have any of you eaten crab bisque? I recently made some, and it was wonderful, the one thing I done wrong was that I had the skillet on the wrong burner for about 15 minuets. But I swear I saw steam coming off of the food. I hate electric stoves for that reason exactly. Another thing, has anybody eaten New England Clam Chowder in the Boston Harbor, at a resteraunt called Legal Seafoods? The best, nothing can compare to it. And another thing, have you ever stood on top of the Empire state building by yourself, and wondered why everybody but you has someone that they love intamately with them, but you dont? You feel so alone, alone in a high place where that you would think nothihng could get you, but you suddenly feel the sharp blade of lonlieness stabing you in your bussom once agian. Well, all those feelings are great. The feeling of sitting around in a forighn area to you, eating chowder with your friends and you family. The feeling of sillyness when you have something on the wrong burner, and you trying to impress everybody with your great skills in the kitchen. And finally, the feeling of pain in a place you thought nothing in the world would get to you. The thing that these feeling give you is something we all need, humbleness, and someday, I hope you feel the same excitment, joys, terrors, and thrills that I have shared with so many of my friends. But untill you do, just remember, life isnt about how thin you are, or how much money you have. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and success isnt measured in money, its measured in how happy you are with you life, and how you look upon things and people different from you, and you can smile and say, that isnt so different after all.:kiss:

2. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've always felt that we're most vulnerable to our deeper feelings when we're starkly alone... which is probably why I'm often desperate to be hanging out with other people.

3. goratrix

So........ the beauty is a dispell magic field (now I wonder who got the D&D reference)

4. Eligh

What in the hell is the D&D reference?

5. Micah

lol I believe goratrix is referring to a Dungeons and Dragons reference. I can only assume that a 'dispel magic field' is an area of affect (AoE) ability that dispels all beneficial magic from enemies or all negative magic from allies.

Am I right? 10 points for Dave?

I didn't just ask a friend what it was either - honest!

6. nisomer

lol yeah dave u are probably right...

and goratrix...haha you are awesome!! D&D rocks!

7. goratrix

In D&D Beholders (which are basically a giant eye that stares at you) have a dispell magic field in their range of view, that means that no magic can occur in that area, wich renders any kind of arcane spellcaster basically useless, and any magical weapon beomes just a normal weapon. Beholders are among the creatures I fear the most, for I always play Arcane Characters.

10 points and a golden star for Dave!

8. Eligh

Okay, all of this is starting to get me lost, but yeah, I guess what your saying is that in this case I am "magical", and that when I get into that area all my "powers"(defenses) are down. Please, correct me if I am wrong.

9. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't worry, Eligh... I had no clue how the reference tied into what you'd said either.