1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UNC Chapel Hill or U. of Michigan???

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by klopij, Apr 28, 2010.

1. klopij

Hi, new here. Im about to graduate from high school and I have to decide whether to enroll at University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill or University of Michigan - Ann Arbor. If there are any alums here please comment as i have no idea where to go. Also on ur experiences as a gay student there. oh and if anybody has friends there plz comment. Right now im basically undecided between business and medicine

and i live in miami so there both out of driving distance

Thanks!!!

2. wshoping

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Congrats on getting into 2 top-notch schools! I went to UNC and I loved it. However, I cannot comment on being a gay student since I was still very much in the closet at the time. I know there is a large LGBT presence on campus, but I was not involved so take my opinion however you chose.

Have you visited both campuses? If not, I would suggest going to both and see which one feels right. Since you are from Miami, the weather in NC might be more similar to what you are used to. The campus is beautiful and there are tons of bars and clubs in walking distance from all dorms (again, cannot speak about gay friendly ones).

Anyways, both are great schools so you will get a great education with either choice. Let me know if you want anymore information.

GO HEELS!

~R

3. xequar

I didn't go to U of M, but I can say that Ann Arbor is a very gay-friendly and really neat town. My boyfriend and I have walked down the street holding hands with not even as much as an odd glance there.

4. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    OMG I'm glad you brought this up. I'm planning on possibly going to UNC for their dramatic arts program. From what I heard because my mom talked to a woman who's daughter went there. She designed the set for the Oscars. So I guess Hollywood actually really values the students from UNC. And I REALLY want to get to Hollywood, be that role model, act on television, become characters that actually also help me support my family too. So why not go to the school that might get me there? lol