1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A question exclusively to my fellow GN gay guys

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by LowestVocal017, Sep 4, 2007.

?

For those of you who are gay AND gender non-conformed, how do you PRIMARILY identify?

1. I first identify myself as being a female inside a male's body then as someone liking guys

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. I first identify myself as someone liking to guys then as being a female in a male's body

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Other (specify in post)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. LowestVocal017

I just want tohear from those of you who are also Gender non-conformed as well as gay, like I am. Which do you identify yourself as? Personally, I define myself as GN first. When I wear women's clothes, it's not to display my gayness, it's to express my gender non-conformity. When I talk about my female clothes, I talk about my being a woman in a man's body instead of my homosexuality. I just wanted to see how many would relate and how many are the opposite.

#1 LowestVocal017, Sep 4, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2007
  2. Micah

One of the people I work with who's sex is female, but doesn't conform to a gender identifies as "someone who simply likes girls". She doesn't believe her gender fits "woman", and "man" is also too far from where she feels she is at.

So she's simply a person who likes women.

3. LowestVocal017

I had one time or other felt the same way too. For me, it was because I never really seemed to fit in with the "masculine/male" ideal, but I felt I would be stigmatized if I even tried to follow the "female/femme" ideal. Is that the way with your friend as well? Does she feel unfit with being a "man" because of a stigma?