1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What if i choosen an different path?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by British Lad, May 8, 2010.

1. British Lad

British Lad Guest

Today I was wounding what would of happening if i went to 6th form instead of going to college? Would i still be ingorant to my true sexualitiy? Would i now have a girlfriend or boyfriend? Would i have been better off there then at college? Would I have ever found this website and you guys/girls? You can only wounder what life would of been like if that had happened and woulder how many other people in there are gay/bi and are unawere/closeted/open? But most importantly would I be the same person with the same ideas and sexuaty if I had choosen differently to what I already have done? And would I be questioning my sexuality? Or would I even be writing this If I choosen to stay at school? You can only wounder the ”what if”s and the choises we make that make are lives. If you had the chance to see what the out come of a different discion, would you? Because for that one I would love to see that one just out of simple curousity.

2. gaz83

gaz83 Guest

em , again i got sidetracked lol. your post i think are kinda funny. you mix my mind up lol. em but everyone makes choices and you learn from them wether they are good or bad. whats done is done, its done for a reason and theres no point in dwelling on things really.

3. D_Alejandro

To be honest with you, you can't really think about it. "What ifs" and "Could, would should" are non existent (proved you talk about the past tense). You can't waste your time thinking about it, it does you no good. Take it from me. I've learned so much about it this past year.

All we have to do is keep moving forward, day by day.

:thumbsup:

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The problem with "what ifs" is that they force you to face backwards. And it's what's ahead of you that's important. Take your lessons from previous decisions, and apply them to the ones coming up.

Lex

5. LostandFound

LostandFound Guest

I think the OP is just pointing out how it's interesting how some seemingly simple and ordinary decisions can impact your life in a massive way and can represent turning points.

There are times where I wonder how my life would have been different if I had made a different choice, merely out of curiousity. Looking back I can't be certain if I made the best decisions. In terms of sexuality, relationships and stuff like that my life up this year has been hell but in terms of everything else my life has been absolutely amazing. A lot of the either or decisions I made (pretty much all of them involved religion) in terms of things like school probably would have resulted in me coming out earlier but the rest of my life would have been horrible. So, it's a toss-up, sometimes I have regrets about the choices I made and other times I'm glad I made them.

6. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    you can't get sucked up in if could be or what should, we can only deal with what is.

7. gaz83

gaz83 Guest

you know seeing this thread reminds me of the film the time machine. thats all about what if!! i think i might watch that later now.

8. stratavos

oakville(college) and oshawa(hometown) ont, Canada
    ... unless a book is going to be writen about it, it'd probably be a good idea to not dwell on the potentials, it uses up a lot of time :wink: