1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lgbt socializing in maine???

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by stefi18, May 16, 2010.

1. stefi18

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    so i live in a village-really, its been here for 100 something yearsand still known as a village--
    and big surprize!:eusa_doh: im having trouble finding anything about lgbt communities around--:bang:

Bangor would be the nearest city--i've looked online and can't find anything.......... :tears:no newsletters,dances or that sort of thing just dating personals.......:tantrum::eusa_doh:

any help?? :help::confused::icon_sad::thumbsup:

2. D_Alejandro

I don't live in Maine so I can't really help you out...but are you sure you have looked in every nook and cranny google has to offer? Maybe if you look for GLBT people around your area you could find out about places they visit.

Sorry if that wasn't much help. :/

Good luck!

3. EM68

Ogunquit Maine is a big LGBT area in New England especially in the summer. I have never been but I heard its real nice.

4. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    http://www.maine.gov/dhhs/oma/MulticulturalResource/gay-resources.html

There are a few organisations listed on there, but you naturally need to be careful before you go along anywhere. I've used my EC email to check whether certain groups have been legit before passing the info on to members, so you should definetly do the same and make sure that they are able to give you some information before you agree to attend. If they aren't appearing in basic searches then they may be really good at being discreet or there's something fishy about them.

There appears to be a PFLAG in Bangor, but it may not necessarily be what you are looking for. However, the PFLAG organisation has excellent resources so you could approach them for more accurate knowledge on local organisations. At the very least they should be able to assist you with what you're looking for.

Martin.

5. Beachboi92

use the internet to look around, from what i heard Maine has a lot of LGBT friendly areas and such :slight_smile: