1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Doing a showing of a LGBT docuementary at my school.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Emberstone, May 23, 2010.

1. Emberstone

I am currently heading my campus's GSA, and this week, we are having a few diversity events around campus. I am going to be with a friend running a GSA table for our diviersity on the quad *or for us, the courtyard* on weds, and then thursday, inlieu of our weekly meeting, we have a classroom set up for showing 'Trembling before G-D', which is a documentary about the struggles of LGBT members of the orthadox and hasidic jewish faith who face banishment and self discrimination for their sexuality. I am really excited, though I don't know how many people will ultimately show up. We put posters up last thursday, and we will have flyers at the GSA table. I think my faculty advisor might send emails to the teachers who teach minoritiy studies and religion classes, incase they want to let their students know, and maybe even offer extra credit.

I wont be surprised if only a few people show up, but I am kinda nervious, and looking forward to see if anyone outside the group shows up. Hopefully it will be civil, but we are going to have a discussion afterwords.