1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

facebook question

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by egnvectr, May 23, 2010.

1. egnvectr

egnvectr Guest

Currently I don't have anything in my "interested in" field in my facebook profile. If I were to set it to men, would it show up in people's news feeds? Or does this depend on some settings somewhere?

I'm actually hoping that it will show up. My plan is to set my privacy controls so only around 10-20 people can see, then set my interested in and hope they see it in the news feed.

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Depending on your privacy settings that you currently have, I think if you change your 'interested in', it will show up in the news feed.

3. Ashleigh Ann

If it shows up on your profile wall, it will show up in your news feed. However, if you delete it off your profile wall, it will go off the news feed. So if you do them immediately back-to-back, the chances of people seeing it are slim to none.

4. Nomad187

I am pretty sure it just sas that you changed something in your about me but not exactly what it is

5. egnvectr

egnvectr Guest

ok I just did it. unfortunately it didn't show up in the news feed at all. so I guess no one will see it.

6. Khobra

Khobra Guest

They will.
    This is facebook. People will be lurking around your profile.

So, they'll know but they probably wouldn't say anything to you just because no one ever admits they're fb lurks to anyone they're not close to.

7. Johnnieguy

Just wait though. People will take time (maybe even months) to notice.