1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Y'all in the Northern Hemisphere..

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lady Gaga, May 24, 2010.

1. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

What are you planning to do over summer? Assuming you can..

2. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've spent the past few weeks literally hiding in my bedroom to avoid fighting with my step father, so I'm going to do as much away from home as possible this summer. I'd like to get a job, or at least my license so I can drive somewhere. I also want to volunteer at the local animal shelter.

I'm also teaching myself Italian, and working on getting back into writing more often.

3. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

I am taking French next year, so I plan on starting my French studies when school lets out, along with continuing my Norwegian studies.

The reason I am taking French 1 my senior year is because I've always wanted to. My last school had French (cancled the end of my Sophomore year and replaced with Mandarin) but the teacher was so bad, you learned nothing. Hence why it was cancled, because she was fired. I knew I would move from there my Junior year, and I wanted an honors diploma, so I took Spanish because if I moved my Junior year with two years of French where I learned nothing, I would be stuck in a French 3 class with no knowledge of French. This year, I had to take Spanish 3 for the requirements of the honors diploma.

And I just like Norwegian..so..

Besides that, I also plan on loosing weight. I am going to devote myself to it. I want to go into my senior year without being called a fat--- everyday. :grin:

4. Chaos

Work, work, work...

Besides work not much else? I might come into some hella money this summer... if I do I plan on making a trip to Las Vegas, but if I don't come into that money I will just party it up and maybe do some camping. I would like to hit up a concert or two, but I don't know if I will this summer.

5. ThePug

I'm going to be taking 13 credit hours at the community college. Some programming, speech, psychology, and drawing. I'm also going to be attending pride day in Des Moines on June 13th and Adventureland's Gayday on the 14th. It's going to be a great summer!

6. Apocalypte

Writing my thesis for my masters. :frowning2:

7. Jiggles

Jiggles Guest

Work, Work, work. =/

8. Zach1992

Job, & preparing for college.

9. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Taking a Disney Cruise through the Baltic Sea.

[​IMG]

And visiting Fond Du Lac, Wisconsin.

[​IMG]

I'm a bit more excited about the former.

Lex

10. Nodnarb

Work. Should be fun:rolleyes:

11. Daniel

And I'm jealous.

I'm working this summer and stuck due to governmental restrictions on my travel.

12. Courtneyyy

I'll be spending my summer in a tiny town called Loleta, it's on the coast in Northern California near Eureka.
    I work for a non profit organization called Sierra Service Project. I'll be a Construction Coordinator and will be leading teams of high school teens in home repair projects such as fixing roofs, doors and windows, building wheel chair ramps, and possibly a little exterior painting.

13. Gaetan

Assuming it stops snowing (yes snowing), I'll get out and ride my bike some.

14. xequar

I'll be working on the house-a lot, especially since the BF won't be able to take much, if any, time off this summer because of the new job. As a side benefit, I will likely learn how to plaster.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    >>>And I'm jealous.

Don't be. There's not much to see in Fond du Lac. :grin:

Lex

16. Connor22

actually think I'm going to enjoy the summer, instead of sitting at home hoping my job applications get through (part time summer and weekend, which didn't) theres Operation Friendship (worst name ever) youth exchange thing and there'll be a 17 year old American girl living with us plus we get to show them Ireland with the money we've raised all year, and going to Switzerland with the scouts, all in all a good summer... for once... so long as the rain stays away

17. 4 seat

I am getting a job in SD and moving down there and out of my house. So frickin excited. I just need to get the job, I have like 6 possibilities lined up, and most of them I'm completely qualified for and they pay well. AAAAAagghhhhh, I can't wait :slight_smile:

Also, my birthday's in less than a month, and I'm going to Vegas with my buddies and I'm stoked for that too. WOO, gonna be a good summer!!!!

18. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Whatcha all RANTING about work for?? I'm going to try to find a job this summer. Get ready to start college. And the same stuff I've done for the former part of this year - sit around.

19. stratavos

oakville(college) and oshawa(hometown) ont, Canada
    attempt to find work, work on being a good person, and uh... enjoy the time out of school?

20. Markio

-Sleep! A lot.
    -Come out to my sister, when she visits in June.
    -Walk to the library a lot, and read books for free!
    -Plan out in advance all the resident advisor programs I'll have to do in the fall.
    -Play Pokemon Blue. I left all my games at home this school year. Big mistake...
    -Text this guy I know...