1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shy Or Out There?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by hunterjones, Sep 7, 2007.

1. hunterjones

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    One of my biggest concerns with people in this world is that they are so worried about what others are saying or thinking about them. I was wondering if there are any people here who are shy because i honestly don't understand it. I am hoping to because i love to know things... I really do.

2. bvtsjm116

bvtsjm116 Guest

I'm... super shy... way to shy to even imagine having really good friend or having a boyfriend/girlfriend :frowning2:

I don't understand what you need to know?

3. jayden

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
  4. davo-man

Im out there...i kinda stopped caring what my year level thought about me after about Year 8....the only people who i care about what they think of me is my friends

5. Casey17

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm shy to a point. Online, not really, but in real life conversations. My tounge gets tied, and I get nervous, unless I know the person really well.

6. oneguy15

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    well, let me tell you a story that I learned after much soul searching:

I was raised by my alcholic wife-beating father, and my mother who endured and kept hidden all the crap said father gave her. With these two things in mind, just think for a second. My father, the man whose children should be able to trust and love, is abusive and obnoxious. Thus, trusting people is more difficult for me. How am I not to believe that someone else isn't like the man I am supposed to call dad? And, my mother is at fault too. She has always been more quiet, reserved, and is always worried about how she looks to other people. So, with a father I can't look up to and a mother who is self-conscience, I have a hard time being open with people due to trust issues, as well as an insecurity problem on behalf to my mom. I know its stupid to blame my parents for this, but thats how it goes for me. Thats why im not so carefree and outgoing as my peers. :/

But that's my 2 cents. I'm sure there are other reasons, but this is mine...

7. Jerr

I'm she yet... blunt.

For example...

I use to go into Aeropostle a SHIT LOAD... because well I was spending my money there (a friend worked there and so I got a discount!!) There is/was a REALLY hot gay guy who worked there... now never had the balls to go up to him and talk to him... (My friend also informed me of his relationship so that didn't help)

Well... he added me on myspace the other day and we started talking and such... I bluntly was like "Yeah, I remember you!! I stared at you every chance I got!" Now... I'm too shy to go up and start a convo but I'm perfectly fine with informing him of me thinking he is very attractive and that I stared at him. (He said he stared at me so it ended up not creepy lol)

So I'm a weird shy. I guess being in the south... I really never want to go up to a guy in person... I'll respond but until I know them it is hard. (Especially sense my gaydar will go off on a straight guy who just wants to fool around...)

8. I used to be painfully shy now I'm more outgoing even if it's people I don't know well

9. Ilayis

Ilayis Guest

I'm shy but am starting to be more outgoing than usual.

10. Revealed

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm more shy around people I don't know, or if I'm in an unfamiliar place/ or situation. I don't like being the centre of attention in these instances....so I don't want to say or do something stupid which would result in people looking or talking about me. So in those circumstances I'll hang back & be more reserved.

The majority of the time I'm fairly confident though. Just depends on how I feel and the situation I'm in.

11. waitingsucks

shy around ppl i don't know relli well or ppl i think r cute :slight_smile:

12. Latinokid

Latinokid Guest

Im shy around new people because i dont know whats too far for them but when im with my friends im a crazy bitch! Lol i do stupid stuff and we have a blast im the crazy one like yesterday we were laughing by the bus stop and i was lau8ghing so hard i pushed 3 of my freinds into the store and the guy came out talkng about we had to be careful lol but i have good times with my friends.

13. Tom

Tom Guest

i used 2 b shy but over the last few years i just well i couldn't be bothered 2 remain shy so i decided id start being less shy and moreopen with ppl. now its got to the point that ill tell anyone anything, or almost anyone anythin and im the least shy person in my group of friends. if theres a guy i like then he will know within afew minutes and when i say hi i do include the words cute or i like ur ass lol, i dont really get 2 know 2 many new ppl tho seein as i dont go out tht much atm

14. CorporalPie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm extremely shy, unless I'm around my good friends or some of my cousins. Around my friends I tend to be very outspoken and I'm pretty care free. With other people I tend not to say anything unless someone says something to me and even then I don't say much. It basically has spawned out of my self image/ self esteem issues, I think anyway, but I'm working on that so hopefully I won't be this shy for much longer.

15. bvtsjm116

bvtsjm116 Guest

Wow, I think that describes me too:eek: Like all of what you just said is exactly me...

16. Axel

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm shy around people who I don't know, don't trust or someone I like. Any other time, I am the most insane, outgoing person you will ever meet.

17. Perrygay

Perrygay Guest

I'm way outgoing.

18. SpikySpice

I'm shy, but less than before, joinign this forum helped me overcoem some shyness, now i talk to more peopel at school, and more confident for my actions and speaking

I'm shy when talking to super hot peopel, liek tehy are superstar or sumthing:lol:

And I used to be worried what others think about me, base on race. I react differently to different face when they talk bad bout me

Because I already got used to an etnic group who always made fun of me, and gave me a suffereing life, but yeah now I'm so over thinsg they say so that wont affect me no more, when they said anything bad bout me, i aint care cuz they are dumb anyway

But all the thinsg they say make me stronger thru time, and i feel more proud bout who i am.

But sometimes I have to listen to what peopel say, and look back at myself, to adjust anything in case what they say is right

19. :smilewave
    im really shy! but im like latinokid, if i am with people that i know really know and trust, then i am very outgoing! My friends who know im gay are okay with it and we flirt back and forth all the time! its so much fun! :icon_bigg

20. surfrboykai

i'm really loud and goofy. oh, and clumsy!