1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay week at Disney

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by TheEdend, Jun 4, 2010.

1. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

So, today a friend asked me if I was ever going to go to it. I actually didn't think of it until she mentioned it. I had always heard bad things about it from my parents and family, but really didn't know anything about it. I spent some time looking it up and found some very mixed feelings about it. Some people love it and some other people hate it for various reasons.This got me thinking. What do you guys think about the whole thing?

If you have gone to it, please share your experience so I can decide whether to go or not.

2. Connor22

wait.. wut? gay week at disney? what's that all about?

3. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

Oh god, I can hear the teabaggers already.

"Gay..Disney?! WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO?! *continues to mumble barely intelligible idiocy*"

Those are the teabaggers..

4. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

As I understand it, it is always the first week of june. Its not officially recognize by disney, but they just let it be. People all over go to different parks that are designated for each day and they go wearing red to show why they are there.

Many people hate it because they say that the PDA is out of control and there are people making out everywhere. This is specially bad because, since it is not an offical event, tourist still show up with their kids and encounter the scene.

Others say is just guys and girls wearing, and red having a good time and that only very few people go insane with the PDA.

I have no idea what to think, to tell you the truth.

5. Connor22

you. boyfriend. camera. youtube. PDA. GO!!!

6. hairdye

its not bad. the PDA isn't insane. I mean yes theres PDA, but the only people that have a problem with it are the people who can't even stand to see two men holding hands. But Disney and Gay... they kind of go hand and hand. haha

you should go. it's a lot of fun.

7. Years ago my family just happened to go during it.

I was young, and i dint know I was gay. But i remember thinking the guy behind me in line for Space Mountain "sounded like the guys from Queer Eye For the Straight Guy!".

My family didn't have a problem with being there during that particular week BTW. They just got a kick out of the fact that we just happened to choose THAT week to go lol

8. jazzrawr

DUDE. There's Gay Week at Disney?
    I'M SO THERE. :grin:
    Who cares about PDA? XD It'd be like a week long Pride parade. Sounds fantastic to me.

9. Steve

Born in australia, but now living some where else
    im going to sound even stupidier then what i usually sound .... so what is PDA?

10. Rikudo

Public Display of Affection

Also I thought everyday was a gay day at disney. I mean it's supposed to be the happiest place on earth right.:grin:

11. Tim

Tim

Naw - Never been to a disney park, and to be honest, I find PDAs offensive, despite gender, especially in parks designed for children.

My family is supposed to go sometime in the Summer to Disneyland though.

12. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    PDA usually means holding hands, kissing, and hugging. Things straight couples do all the time without problems.

I work at universal and while girl blowing their boyfriends in the bushes happens quite often, no one ever "freaks out" that way when gay couple do it.

13. SpacerX

disney and homosexuality... together at last!

14. Allistair

Allistair Guest

Hhm never heard of gay week at Dysney. I am somewhat close to Dysney though so i guess i could get my family to go one year to check it out. About the kissing and whatnot thats always going on at Dysney in some form so its not really that big of an issue.

#14 Allistair, Jun 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2010
  15. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I went to "Gay Day" at Disneyland a couple years back. It's actually a weekend there, and it was in October. Although Disney doesn't specifically cater to the homosexual crowd - there aren't any banners celebrating "Gay Days!" or rainbow flags or anything - they usually advertise in gay publications and whatnot, and may offer group rates. All those there for Gay Day wore red T-shirts, and there were a LOT of them.

How was it? A lot of fun, but then again, I like Disney. There weren't guys making out on the rides or anything. Just a lot of gay guys (and some gay women, but nowhere near as many) enjoying the parks. We had a great time.

The only problem was specific to our trip. They held "Miley Cyrus's Sweet 16 Party" at the park on Sunday. So as the weekend progressed, we started seeing fewer and fewer red shirts, and more and more spoiled kids with really rich parents who just HAD to be there for Miley's party. They closed the park early on Sunday, kicked everyone out, and only let in those who paid extra (like hundreds of dollars) to "party with Miley". Let's just say I much preferred the company of the gays than of the parents who sprung for these tickets but rarely seemed interested in what their children were doing. :slight_smile:

Lex

16. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wish i knew about it long ago lol. Not to say I can't go, just at this time I still travel to Florida with the parents, and we only go in July/August generally.

17. blueeyedcutie

I want to go. I'm going to disney world next week, so my bisexual self will be happy!

18. TwistedNerve

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Even though I live 30min away I always forget about it. disney doesnt sponsor it though. they just let it happend. its nice though.

19. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

So, I totally chickened out and didn't go xD
    Maybe next year

20. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, I know I posted saying the PDA isn't so bad, but one of friends was working the pool at night and said the water probably about 80% man juice by the end of the night. yikes!