1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need some input

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Jiggles, Jun 5, 2010.

1. Jiggles

Jiggles Guest

Hi Guys, gals and everyone else.

I'm needing your input for ideas for a LGBT play! I was asked at my local LGBT group to write a play that we could take into school or record to be played in schools, to teach younger people while give them a funny and good show!. We have some ideas for what I want in it BUT I want to see what others would like to see in this kind of play. Our group is only small so a bigger input such as this forum would be fab!

Write down what you would want to see in something like this. Doesn't matter if someone has said it before just means that is a good point and has to go in. :slight_smile:

Thank you lovelys, :icon_bigg

Callum (&&&)

2. Rosina

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hmm, I liking the sound of this.

The only thing I can think of, is that Avenue Q song, "If you were gay". I draw a blank after that. :/

3. Drewgles

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Im thinking something along the lines of the school work we already do, but a little more interactive, perhaps some homophobic abuse thrown in and the perpetrators getting punished, or their outlook changed, and some coming out stories and some signs of support would all be good.

4. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What about having it about someones journey to coming out, I think it might make a good point if you had the gay character totally non-stereotypically, like a man that plays football and that nobody would ever suspect.

Thats all I can think of off the top of my head, but ill pop back later if I have any more ideas.

5. Drewgles

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    silverhalo thats a good idea, but it has been done to death, stonewall currently have one out just now that has non stereotypical gays and lesbians, and the ones that would fit stereotypes as being straight. and i have been in two short films in the last year documenting individuals coming out stories, im thinking something different to catch attention.
    xXx

6. Connor22

or how about a non-stereotypical person coming out in Uganda?