1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HAHA! my dad is in denial

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Charme, Sep 8, 2007.

1. Charme

Charme Guest

Apparently, he tells me to find a girlfriend just to be sure. It kinda makes me laugh when people are in denial and not wanting to accept the truth. I just wish he could really understand. He thinks I have a choice not to be gay. *sigh* i guess time is what will make him accept that fully. but it still counts as me out to my dad right? He was teary eyed when he was discussing this with me and it kinda makes me think that maybe i shouldnt have told him.

2. Jeimuzu

My mate Den thinks that. He thinks that I feel attraction to women, and being the black-and-white thinker that me is, he can't comprehend that he's wrong, despite me repeatedly telling him so.

I basically said "If it was a choice between, do you honestly think I'd choose the one which makes my life more difficult?" Still didn't pay attention, though. He's nice enough, he's just incredibly naïve.

Just tell him that being gay doesn't work that way. There is no choice involved, it's not something that you're doing for attention or whatever - it's an unavoidable fact of life.

Or ask him to join PFLAG, as Becky is undoubtedly - wisely - going to recommend, from her own personal experience.

3. Tom

Tom Guest

my dads stil in denial about me bein gay, and this is 5years later lol, it has got better recently seein as he doesnt mention girlfirends now unless hes jokin with me sis and callin her a lesbian wich i fink is kinda weird

4. bvtsjm116

bvtsjm116 Guest

I've never told anyone before that I am questioning... but my mom always tells me how someday I'm gonna get marriage [to a girl] and have kids someday :frowning2: It sort of bothers me sometimes because I don't want her to think that.

5. Jeimuzu

Yeah, it's awkward when people tell me I'm gonna end up dating a girl - especially when one of the people who know are there.

6. Sanssouci

My mam gave me "find a girlfriend" advice yesterday (not out to her yet), talk about uncomfortable :frowning2:

7. gabriel1

gabriel1 Guest

I'm grateful I never got that give us grandkids speech.

8. bvtsjm116

bvtsjm116 Guest

Omg, I remember now, one time my mom asked me if there was any girls I liked... I was thinking "WTF, why would I tell her EVEN IF I WAS straight?!"

9. darthmalik14

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    your on the same boat as me mate, my mom thinks that i all i need to turn straight is to get laid by a chick
    and now she wants me to see a shrink, which i told her plainly no

10. step49x

I'm lucky. I'm one of three kids. And the other two are straight. :wink:

11. I'm lucky too I have a sister :wink:. Just give your dad some time though he'll most likely come around.

12. Charme

Charme Guest

yeah you guys are right. he'll get over it. and my dad also said i couldnt have a family. i of course corrected him by saying i can adopt or use surrogacy.

13. ok455

Im 19 and i still get that speech. Everyone tells me don't have kids until your ready. Becareful when you find the right girl. Blah Blah Blah

14. paul7836

Same here. My mom keeps doing that, even though i told her.

15. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    The good thing about denial is that almost everybody passes out of that stage. It's just for some it takes awhile. You just have to help them by keeping the lines of communication open. When they bring up stuff like dating girls, just keeping saying things that remind them that you really truly know who you are and who you are attracted to. They will eventually get it. If your Dad will read, get him some books or literature from PFLAG.

16. Psych!

Psych! Guest

I'm kinda on the same path as you guys...
    I'm not out, so people assume that I'm str8

Everyone, especially my uncle just keeps talking to me 'bout all the "hot" girls, cheerleaders, w/e
    It just irritates me 'cause I don't really care.

To top it all of, my uncle is a pervert.
    He just keeps pointing out all the hot girls.

For example, my cousin's (his son) kindergarden teacher bends down to pick up something and he goes nutz.
    I swear this is him when he saw her:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. bvtsjm116

bvtsjm116 Guest

One of my uncle's is gay :eek:

18. Charme

Charme Guest

are you complaining or just saying? i cant figure out which lol

19. bvtsjm116

bvtsjm116 Guest

Just saying. Hes always nice to me :grin: But my parents always say how weird it is ;_;