1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Homophobic song?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by chained butterfly, Jun 12, 2010.

?

Homophobic?

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  2. No

9 vote(s)
    81.8%
  1. chained butterfly

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6SZAi2_hdo[/YOUTUBE]

I didn't think it was homophobic, I just thought the dude was saying how it's had being gay or something. Then I was reading the comments and people were saying it was homophobic.... and i really like the song....... if it's against gay people i'll delete it. It's what I did for all my eminem songs that had that stuff in it .... stupid eminem..lol

2. Harve

Nah... "i got some dude, how can you give something so good he couldn't say no"
    "i've been denied all the best ultra sex, i could've been a star - it freaks me out when i sound just like my mum". I'm assuming the "best" sex is gay sex? They seem to be taking the piss out of homophobes tbh - saying faggot over and over again seems either to be a mockery or they're just even worse than i thought they were.

You can tell i've been doing too many english exams from this post D:

3. Numfarh

Numfarh Guest

I love MSI. Really gets me in the mood if I plan on going out partying/sexing. :grin:
    So no, I don't think it's homophobic. You know, they have another song called 'Dicks Are For My Friends'.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VI3kOCjZ2TM[/YOUTUBE]

I also happen to own two of their albums, 'Frankenstein Girls Will Seem Strangely Sexy' and 'You'll Rebel To Anything', so you'll forgive my bias.

#3 Numfarh, Jun 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2010
  4. jazzrawr

Well, I love that song, so I hope not.
    I've never noticed it being homophobic, I always thought it was making fun of homophobes in a way, but I don't really listen to the lyrics.

5. confusedgirl

nothin but dry desert here no beach either
    the first time I heard this song I didn't really listen to the lyrics because of the beat but no its not homophobic to me I like it

6. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It may not be homophobic...but man that's the most annoying tune I've ever heard....I don't think it can even be called music frankly...

7. RainbowVampire

I LOVE THIS SONG!!
    And I'm very VERY against anything homophobic. So I'd say it's not homophobic. It's basically the character of the song's outlook of himself. He found himself gay and because of what people said and did to him, he spiraled into a bad world, and now he thinks he's just a slutty faggot because no one told him otherwise.
    Mindless Self Indulgence <3

8. chained butterfly

okay. I didn't think it was homophobic either. And.
    MSI IS THE SHIT! :slight_smile:

9. Connor22

lol... wut? that was just weird

10. musicgirl112233

I love that song! I don't think its homophic...I hope its not. I think MSI also used the "N" word in one of their songs.

11. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Offensiveness and homophobia aren't actually innate traits. A hundred years ago, nobody would have thought twice about "coon songs", but now they're considered racist by pretty much everybody. Nothing changed about the songs - it was the environment around them that changed.

So the question isn't "Is this song homophobic?" It's "Do you find this song homophobic/offensive?" And, as I've stated before, the chances that a song is considered offensive is roughly proportional to how unfamiliar or disliked the artist and/or genre is. Had a female hick-sih country singer done "Ur So Gay", I have a feeling it wouldn't have many defenders. But it was "a great song" when done by Katy Perry.

Lex