1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What have you done that surprised you about yourself?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Allistair, Jun 12, 2010.

1. Allistair

Allistair Guest

Hey guys i thought i would make a thread were we can come and talk about something that we've done today or at some other point in time that has impressed us. So if you've done something that you didn't think you could do or just something that impressed you about yourself come talk about it hurr.
    I'll start off, well this year i was able to lose alot of weight and i was able to over come some of my lazyness which i thought was impossible. I had to set goals for both of those though cause i was way too lazy before and that was just adding to the pounds.

2. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I called the district manager a liar and useless and I didn't get fired.

3. Phoenix

Phoenix Guest

I got a job that I (relatively) like which I didn't think was possible.

4. Swimming4ever

I was able to come out to everyone that I know. Which a couple years ago I thought was not possible. If you met me, you would never guess I liked guys at all. I put up this huge shield that never showed that and finally I have been able to put away that shield and express the person I am. I gotta say I'm very proud of what I have done and I know it was for the better.

5. confusedgirl

nothin but dry desert here no beach either
    I cursed out a guy in my math class for thinking that I couldn't do a math problem without his help I was really shocked that I did it and surprisingly the only person that heard was my friend not the teacher I was so lucky

6. Allistair

Allistair Guest

Oh i forgot an important one, i told the guy that i like that i like him. Also i started to come out to my friends this year which last year i thought would never happen in a million years. It's so true that just 1 year can change so much.

7. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

Recovered from some of my more serious mental health issues.

8. Zach1992

Well, I told a guy that I loved him.

9. Inhuman

I made out with 4 girls tonight even though I'm gay.

That's pretty surprising haha.:lol:

----------

on a more serious note, I abandoned Christianity, becoming an atheist and I came out to all of my parents (all 3) and my whole christian school, I'm also going to a new school next year (i went to my present school for 9 years)

This was all very shoking.

10. Katherine

The land of rednecks and pine trees (Georgia)
    Well, let's see.

In the past year, I have: come out to basically everyone in my circle of friends (via a giant note on facebook), fallen in love, TOLD the girl I love that I loved her (which was beyond terrifying), started dating said girl, got my first kiss (and my second, and third, and eight millionth), lost my virginity (which was fucking AMAZING), was diagnosed with clinical depression (not so much fun), failed a class for the first time (caused in part by aforementioned depression), and smoked a hookah with a bunch of people I'd never met (which was super fun).

So, yeah. I've surprised myself quite a lot lately. :lol: A year ago, I wouldn't have pictured myself doing ANY of that stuff. I guess I've just started to go with the flow and not be so afraid of everything. And so far I'm enjoying it for the most part.

#10 Katherine, Jun 13, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2010
  11. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Comparing me of now to me of two years ago, I still spend too much time on the Internet, am messy, don't particularly enjoy crowds and don't drink. But I've moved on from the person who broke my heart, I've made real friends, I've become so much less shy, I've become a lot more social, I've been part of a group of people dancing topless for no apparent reason no I never said that what are you talking about, I basically have stopped being a cripplingly shy social outcast and I love it.

12. AlyssWonderland

I came out to some of my best friends, went a year without cutting myself (YAAAAY), started to move on from a guy I love but was only hurting me, and started talking to one of my best friends from middle school again. Loveee himmm <3

13. Connor22

I stood up for myself and my gay friend in school and noticed bullying stop (mostly, and no I WONT tell you who I fancy so stop asking)

14. dude99

dude99 Guest

I came out to family and friends, a few years ago I could not do that. I have great friends and there was a time I was a complete outcast and live in a city I never knew I would like but now I really like.

15. x2x2x2x2y2

I told off my mom's boyfriend(he's a jackass), I came out to my sisters and their boyfriends and my mom's boyfriend, I bought two rainbow bracelets, and I am a bit more open with others.

And all of this was within the past month or so. lol

16. booby

i finally stood up to my bully .. he was throwing the trash and as he came back to his seat he pushed my desk (useless teachers we have) so i threw a heavy pen at him .. but he's very heavy and i threw it around the stomach so im sure it didnt hurt alot lol

also , i went to school in a thong and i let 3-4 guys look lol (i took off my pants while i was sitting down in class and they would go 'throw the trash' and look LOL)

now that surprised me

17. fragomatrick

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sustianed my snaity, even throught this god darned lonliness!

18. Rikudo

I've become a totally different person than who I used to be 5 yrs ago. I've become confident, happy and overall life is good.:slight_smile:

19. the ry guy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    ran 2 miles under 14mins (this rocked for me cause i smoke and it makes cardio a bitch)

20. Markio

I got a lead in a musical my junior year and had a solo! I knew I could sing, I was just afraid that people would make fun of me or that people would think I'm gay because I have a high voice. The part that surprised me about myself is that I did it, in front of all those people. Very positive reaction, in fact. :slight_smile: