1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

University of Michigan - ann arbor!!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by klopij, Jun 14, 2010.

1. klopij

so i will be going to the great university of michigan in ann arbor. im super exited but kinda nervous because i wont know anyone there.

either way can anybody give advice for a gay college freshman??? like if and when to tell my roommate, how to meet guys :wink:, ect.

Thanks

2. xequar

Ann Arbor is a really cool town, and very very gay friendly (as is U of M). It's a huge university, too, so I'm sure you'll meet people just fine. If nothing else, wander over to Pinball Pete's and see if people are playing pool or something. As far as telling the roommate, I'd say just come out and get it done so that it's not a big deal and it's out there and over with.

Congrats on U of M, though! Brilliant place in a super-sweet town.

3. FinalFantasyFan

You'll find that Ann Arbor is a great place to be out and proud. Umm, I know that the University has several clubs and support groups for its LGBTQ population. Maybe try going to some of those meetings. As far as telling your roommate, it depends on you and how comfortable you are being out. When I was a freshman, I don't think it was something I ever explicitly told my roommate; he just sort of figured it out from how I acted and stuff I guess. Just tell him if you're comfortable, but you'll find that a lot of U of M students are really open minded and accepting. Best of luck, and GO BLUE!!! Haha

4. BrettV

I went to U of M. Just play it by ear in regards to your roommate. (and most other people.) It's a great school, and tons of great people. Lots of support there. Good luck!