1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

9/11

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Latinokid, Sep 11, 2007.

1. Latinokid

Latinokid Guest

Well since its 9/11 i just wanted to know where were you on this day and what were u doin and howd u find out about the twin towers being attacked? I remember i was in 3rd grade and my teacher got a phone call and she asked if any of our parents work or live in Manhattan.Me and my best friend started joking around saying why is she asking did they bomb the twin towers? And oddly enough people started going home and my mom came picked me up and told me what happened. I was scared and thought i may get bombed at home and cried when i saw the people throwing themselves off =(*. Its a shame what happen to all those people on that day and we must also thank the heroes who tried to save many and sacraficed themselves for others.

2. Ilayis

Ilayis Guest

I was in my 8th grade class,and we had a small lutheran school of about 200 students,so our principal went to each class and told everyone that terrorists just crashed a plane into the twin towers,and turned the tv on for us to watch.

3. gabriel1

gabriel1 Guest

I walked into work, and my assistant and boss were in the lobby talking about something, my boss turned to me and said "Did you hear a plane crashed into the WTC?" I replied Oh that's too bad, thinking some pilot in a little private prop plane got lost. A few minutes later another person saw me in a hall and said the first tower just came down....

4. jayden

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    i sort of remember it i was 10yo when it happen. it was very sad to happen!!!

5. xequar

I was a sophomore in college... I normally had a Spanish class during that time, but we had an exam that I finished in about five minutes that day, so I went to grab some breakfast. There was a big screen TV in the dining room I was at, and everyone was very eerily quiet and watching it, so naturally, I began watching it too, about two minutes before the second tower got hit. Every college in the state, except the one I attended, canceled classes, but all that my other classes involved at that point was talking about or watching the news coverage of what had happened.

That was damn scary stuff, and I hope the world never sees its like again.

6. Micah

I was on a school camp when it happened. It was obvious something was wrong but the teachers didn't tell us while we were away. When I got home I flicked on the tv, saw it and just stood there as image after image flashed up on the screen.

7. Jim1454

I was at work and my wife was at home on her first maternity leave. She called to tell me about it, and there was a TV on in the cafeteria. Our first was about 6 months old, and as a new parent, this kind of world event was much more scary than it would have been before I was a parent - the responsibility of raising kids in this world is at times overwhelming!

8. 7th grade, in english class. very scared because they were landing planes in an area near us!

9. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I was doing the ironing listening to the radio when I heard about the first plane. At first I thought it was a horrible accident but when I heard about the second plane, I knew we were in serious trouble. I turned on the TV and left it on all day long. I had carpet layers here that day and they had to stop and watch too. I e-mailed a friend of mine in Washington, DC to see if he was safe. He said he was but one of his best friends worked at the Pentagon and was killed that day. September 11th was also a birthday shared by my friend and his friend's wife. His friend had called and left a message on his answering machine asking him what they were going to do to celebrate the night before. That was the last time he heard his voice.

10. TeeBe

I was in 8th grade. Someone got to school late and happened to be listening to the news on the radio on the way over. The teacher put on the radio in the class room, and we all sat spellbound. The first plane was like a bad accident. The second was terrifying. When the towers finally fell, people were breaking down. It was eerie listening to the younger kids playing outside and laughing at recess whil we listened to that...

11. godfather

godfather Guest

i was off school sick and they in terupted the tv my bro wos watchin and it was live coverage it wos very sad and i had a relative working near by we should all observe 2 minutes silence for the people who died.

12. Negasta

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I was in 10th Grade and had just gotten home from school and turned on the T.V. just seconds before the second plane hit. I was horrified to say the least.

13. Sam

Sam

I was in 9th grade and my mom was taking me all the way to school because I missed my bus and I heard on the radio that an airplane had hit the first tower and they were thinking it was an accident so I went to class and then in my last hour I heard that a 2nd airplane had hit shortly after the first one and I was just shocked I couldn't believe it happened.

14. xxAngelOnFirexx

i was in my 4th grade social studies class and the prinabel came over the PA system and said that a plane had hit this tower. i thought wow thats a sad an accident. then a little later she came on and said the second one and the pentagon had been hit. goosebumps i realized that it was no accident and that people were attacking us. we went to the church to pray. my mom picked me up a little late due to watching tv. she picked us up and we were sitting in the main room with uniforms still on with backpacks on our backs just watching the horror of the film of the towers burning. my sis was only in 2nd grade i don't think she remembers if much. it was a very scary day. my aunt was sceduled to fly back to her home in Sydney, Austrillia but they cancelled all flights. she was very scared and just wanted to fly back to her safe home out of the States. i heard later from my dads fathers wife (like a grandma) that her niece was scheduled to be on one of the planes that hit the towers because she works as a flight attendent but called in sick to have a day off. if she's went in to work she would have died. she lost friends. so its really strange how everyone is intertwined even in other countries. at school today we had pause of prayer at 9am to show respect for the people who died.

15. boynextdoor

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I was in 1st grade, I believe. All the teachers were in the gym, and soon all the students in every class were called to the gym. A lot of people were upset, and crying. They told us what happened, and sent us home for the day.

16. Gera-Kun

5th grade, at a my class room, ny teacher got a phone call and turned on the radio, apparently it was a coverage on what has happened earier on the day...i didn't know how to react...so i stayed quiet...my best friend atm had a dad that was a trucker, and later in the month, he came with a couple of the twin towers before they were stroke by the planes. he said that his dad took them. i felt kinda sad, seeing that two magnificent buildings were never to be seen again, and the poor souls that were lost at that horrid day...

17. Perrygay

Perrygay Guest

I lived in New Jersey when 9/11 happened.

After the first plane hit our princepal came over the loudspeaker and announced a lockdown. My teacher's husband was NYFD, so as soon as she was done with the annoucement, our princepal came to my class to tell her what was happening. Passaic county went on "emergency lockdown" after the second plane hit, and the second announcement was made to lock all of the windows and doors and draw all of the blinds, and turn off all electrical devices. That meant the teachers weren't allowed to tell us what was happening in the city because they didn't want students panacking, but my teacher told us anyway.

So, after the second announcement was made, my teacher was called out again by a neighboring teacher, and about five mintues later my teacher came back in crying so hard she could barely breathe. She grabbed her purse, and told us on the way out she was leaving for the day.

Over the course of the day, about three-quarters of the parents came to pick their kids up. The planes that were being diverted to Newark were probably only flying about 5,000 feet above our school, waiting their turn in line to land. In response, there were two military helicopters hovering just off school grounds watching the line of planes going to the airport, between the school and the resevoir boardering school property (one of Newark's main water sources).

Later, when school let out, the remaining kids (I was one of them) were placed in single file lines and put onto the busses one by one. My Mom's co-worker's husband was in World Trade Seven and she had to go to Jersey City to pick him up because he had evacuated over the bridge, so my mom had to pick her two daughter's up from their school and wait with them until they got home. So my dad, who owns his own company, picked us up and brought us to his house, just in case we had to evacuate the state, or the town, quickly. When my Mom was finally able to get home, he dropped us off, and we placed some candles out on our front steps.

Unfortunately, my town lost a lot of people :tears:. Anyway, that's my 9/11 story.

18. CorporalPie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I was in 4th grade and in the middle of a lesson the phone rang in our room and I remember that my teacher started crying and had to stand outside the door for a minute to regain composure. She came back in and all the kids were asking what was wrong and she said it was just a family emergency and for us not to worry about it; the teachers were told specifically not to tell us what happened. At lunch that day a bunch of my friends who had different teachers kept telling me a few planes had hit buildings in NYC and DC but I didn't believe them; once we came back into the class, other kids who had heard that started asking my teacher if it was true she broke down in tears again and told us. I just remember getting rly worried cuz my great aunt lives in NYC and I was rly scared she'd been hurt, thank god she was OK tho

19. SpikySpice

9/11 happened when i was still in my country but it seemed awful enough

But today no one in school except me talked bout it wiv a friend, yeah, we were both surprised cuz last year our teachers talked bout this on 9/11

Well, i guess becuz they are not allowed to talk bout it in school, but my friends aint care bout politic, they just have fun, that's all, and i did really forget bout this day till I got on the bus on the way home

20. jman77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    i was in 5th grade but my school did not tell us about it. they annouced it in the middle and high school but not in elementary. most of us knew something was going on because all of our teachers were talking, off topic, and were sad. i found out when i got home and i couldnt stop watching tv bc i was just stunned

i live near a former air force base and they were actually doing after the first attack... i didnt know that until United 93 came out in theaters and they had the name of it on the screen but i remember my dad saying they were closing it down the streets that went to it and security and everything... its in the middle of the city so they were basically closing down the city