1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone have moments on hating being gay?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by dude99, Jun 24, 2010.

1. dude99

dude99 Guest

Anyone have moments where you hate being gay? I have and most recent was last night, before that was over a week ago. Life is not easy being gay.

#1 dude99, Jun 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2010
  2. Spectre

I wouldn't say hate, but I'm pretty sure almost everyone has had their moments of "man, this sucks" when it comes to being gay.

3. Daniel

I did many years ago. Now...I can't remember the last time I hated it. Or thought-Why do I have to be gay?

I've hated situations-like homophobes or bible (humpers) who spew fear.

Otherwise...not really.

4. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I haven't for around 4 years or so. Last night I was thinking how I hated that there will be people out there that will hate me for who I love. But I still don't hate being gay.

5. Markio

I don't exactly hate it, but sometimes I wonder what I would have been like straight. I'm sure it would have been easier in a lot of ways, but I would also probably be a lot less remarkable and compassionate. And less socially inept. It's like being gay has a lot of positives and negatives that I would not experience as a straight person. And since I am unmistakably gay, I just take comfort in the fact that I get all those positives.

6. HalfInsane

Everyone once in a while, I have my days... although, it might be more apt to call it a hatred of how being gay affects my life more than of the fact I am gay.

7. Steve712

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I used to beat myself about it when I was in early puberty, but later I realised that it is just as pointless to hate being homosexual as it is to hate being caucasian, heterosexual, a brunette or tall.

8. I love it. I know that if I didn't go through the process of discovering (and accepting) it, I wouldn't be the same person I am today. I probably would have been really ignorant about LGBT issues. I'm glad to be a part of this community. It's made me a more compassionate person.

(&&&)

9. Allistair

Allistair Guest

I do have moments were i just wonder why, but i'm actually really happy being the way i am. It makes me different and it sets me apart from 95% of regular people. So i'm basically the black sheep in the family, since my family is strict in their beliefs and customs i really don't fit in at all.

But that's fine with me it just makes me even more different. I take pride in it and i'm not ashamed of being gay, actually i think that being straight would be boring and i still don't understand how straight guys like vagina, that thing is just so mysterious and odd it would freak me out to have sex with it.

10. GoinStag

In Loving Memory

Yeah mostly when I have crushes. I honestly HATE having crushes. They just bum me out and hate that I'm gay.

11. AlyssWonderland

I sometimes wonder why am I bisexual, why couldn't I be straight, I hate this... but then I realize that if I was straight, my whole life would be different. I wouldn't be the same person I am today, I would be pretty ignorant I hate to say, I would be less likely to fight for what I believe in because I wouldnt have a cause to fight for, and overall I think being straight sounds really boring. I can't even imagine being either straight or lesbian... That would seem so limited to me.

12. GoinStag

In Loving Memory

That's exactly I feel thankyou!!!

13. Davy

Scotland (That's the bit with hills & rain)
    Have i at points hated it yes although not for a few year's. Although i still get periods of time of annoyance and frustration at being gay. Would life be easer being straight? With out a doubt yes. Would i be the person i am today which i like to think is a caring, tolerant and have an individual sense of uniqueness in my personality? then eh no. I don't think i would swap who i am for an easier life so i can hardly be mad at something i can't change.

14. 4 seat

I hear about people that say "Yeah, I used to hate being gay, but now I'm happy that I'm gay and not angry at it at all". One day, I hope to get there. Working on it.

Until then, yes, I do have moments where I hate being gay. Almost every day.

15. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I used to hate myself A LOT for being gay. Occasioanlly now I think that there are more fish in the sea for straight people, but that thinking won't change my situation, so I try to push it out of my mind. Sometimes it works sometimes not so much

16. Eric

Not to say that I hated it, but when I first came to terms with the fact that I'm gay, I didn't get why. I was afraid that others would find out, and still am a little I guess. I'm pretty comfortable in my own skin though.

17. ahhthehorror

ahhthehorror Guest

Yep. Went through a years' denial and everything.

18. ANightDude

I think everyone goes through the "I wish I was straight" moment at some point in their life. But I don't think I have ever fully hated it... that I can remember.

19. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  20. x2x2x2x2y2

Sometimes I do. Like others have said, it has it's positives and it's negatives. I try to focus on the positives mostly but sometimes I'll break down.