1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ATTN: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Micah, Sep 12, 2007.

1. Micah

Hey guys,

Since there are a number of members here from Melbourne, (and I'm sure lurkers from Melbourne too), I thought I would take the time to let you all know about an up coming event. The event is the first tuesday of the school holidays.

[​IMG]

The event will run in the Melbourne CBD, and is an excellent way for you to check out what "being gay" is about. It is essentially an underage dance party, but Gay, bi, lesbian, transexual, queer and questioning focused. There are some (gay-friendly) straight people who come along also, so don't be afraid to bring along a straight mate for support.

It's government supported and funded, which means it's a very safe event, and we have youth workers working there too if there's anything you want to talk to them about.

For those who've never been to anything like it, it really makes you realise that you're not alone. It's also a great place to meet new people.

So if you want to go, interested, or want to find out more, PM me or post here.

Oh - and I'll be there supervising and helping out. :thumbsup:

2. TriBi

Oooh! Spam!!!

(J/K, hehe)

Hope it's successful Dave :grin:.

3. Micah

Haha. Well it's the largest of its kind in melbourne, last event we attracted over 500 people. So hopefully this event will be just as successful :grin:

4. Latinokid

Latinokid Guest

OH MY GOD I ENVY YOU AUSSIES~1!! they need one of those here in NY!! grrr.

5. Jeimuzu

Hm. That's a really really good idea. I wish there were a few more things like that.

I hate my local gay scene. I want to meet people. How am I supposed to chat to a person when I can't hear my *own* voice?

6. CelebrityHead

Can 18 yos still attend?
    I can't go to this one because I'll be out of the country, but the what about the next? :grin:

7. surfrboykai

the government in the states should host things like that! but seriously, the gay scene in america can be disgusting. i went to a club once (my friend knew some people, so they let us in) and i felt dirty the moment i stepped in there. eventually, i had to pee, and the bathrooms have no privacy. i'm not pee shy or anything, but like, when yer takin a leak and there's some dude jerkin off to you pissing, there's a problem.

then there were the dudes in the stalls having raw anal. oh, and let's not forget the dudes that like, were snorting lines of coke, or the ones injecting ice.

8. Micah

Technically 18 year olds can't attend, however we're not too tight on ID etc. If you're 18 and not "ready" to hit the overage gay scene (which is very intense compared to the underage :wink:) then by all means try to come.

9. sblvd06

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I wish I lived in Melbourne.:icon_sad:

10. Latinokid

Latinokid Guest

THEY NEED ONE IN THE STATES SERIOUSLY I NEED TO MEET SOME MORE GAY PPL BESIDES some guy at school whos too queen for me ><

11. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would so go to that but my parents are somewhat over protective compared to other parents. *sigh* Plus I have no friends who would want to come with me. There's one gay guy from my school but he is such a... Slob. And my straight friends who know wouldn't do well there.

*sigh* And I'm actually going to be in the city most days these holidays.. Just during the day.

12. chief

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Sounds great i just wish i knew about this kinda event when i was in high school.

13. davo-man

....Tom, are you thinkin wat im thinkin?

ROADTRIP!!!!!

no, but seriously, it sounds like heaps of fun, wish there was one over here that we could to, oh well

Are the gay clubs really that full on?....cos from the sounds of it, i might be too scared to go to one, and i was really looking forward to it

14. Micah

It's more that gay clubs don't usually provide a place for people not sure about their sexuality or who are seeking advice etc. At minus18, we have youth workers etc who are there to help you out.

15. Micah

Well it starts at 4pm, so you could always check it out :wink:

16. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm going to be with my Dad that day, and he doesn't know that I'm gay. And he's very homophobic. Probably he'd enter calling everyone fags and telling them to go die or something.

Plus I'm too scared of what would happen if someone who knows me sees me there or heading to it. Although I'm outed, not everyone at my school knows yet.

17. Micah

Ah well! Maybe in a few months :slight_smile:

18. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Are you talking about going to one of these sort of events or until everyone finds out? >.< 'Cause I sorts don't want the latter happening any time soon.

Meh. Once I pluck up some confidence I'm going to go out on the scene more.

19. Micah

The former! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Don't forget tho'...if someone's at one of these events they're either gay or gay friendly :wink:

20. CelebrityHead

Fair enough!