1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vegan teacher refuses to teach at "school that poisons kids with meat, milk"

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by surfrboykai, Sep 12, 2007.

1. surfrboykai

that's a little ridiculous...no, that's beyond ridiculous. i say let him quit. people are too goddamn sensitive these days. it's one thing to have yer beliefs; that's his right and like, i support him on that. but to refuse to teach because they don't promote a vegan lifestyle?

2. Tom

Tom Guest

Re: egan teacher refuses to teach at "school that poisons kids with meat, milk"

i agree with u, but if out of this the schools got a optional began meal or somet like tht it wud b gd but hes gone 2 far in sayin tht the schools harming its students

3. surfrboykai

since i can't edit haha...

what i totally hate about this dude is how he's all "oh, i'm so valuable, they school will have to change their policies!" whatever. he's such a tool. and like, he's been a vegan for 9 months. he thinks he's so hardcore haha

4. Sam

Sam

thats crazy I don't eat a lot of meat ( I only eat chicken and turkey) but I'm not going to try to make someone eat only chicken and turkey. I think if the school came up with an alternative menu for other vegans who eat at the school it would be nice but for that guy to act like that, its crazy

5. Negasta

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

So Mr. Warwak, because you don't like meat or animal products, nobody should be allowed to have them?

Please fuck off back to your commune you fucking fascist!

6. Gera-Kun

^Ditto

7. surfrboykai

hellz yah!

8. Re: egan teacher refuses to teach at "school that poisons kids with meat, milk"

that is totally messed up! i mean, yes, the school should encourage a veg*n lifestyle :slight_smile: (im vegetarian) but to leave because they follow the rest of our country? he should probably leave the country. pretty immature......wow...

9. Choucho

I have full support for his vegan lifestyle, but non for how he acts. Seriously, he hasn't even been a vegan for a year and he's getting so worked up about it. He's trying to force his opinions on others, which is the same as religious groups telling gays they're going to hell.
    His intentions may be good, but he just goes way too far. Actually trying to say the school board is poisoning the students with milk...
    Though, for random point of interest my school sells soy milk.

10. Negasta

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

I would even go as far as to say that the vegan diet is the poisonous one, considering that babies that are fed a vegan diet die, and that vegan adults have to take all kinds of special supplements to maintain proper health.

11. surfrboykai

i don't think any lifestyle should be encouraged. the only thing that should be done in school is teach the kids like, how to balance a diet. now, that includes alternate sources of vitamins and proteins, etc, if a kid should go the vegan way. but that should immediately be followed by "talk to yer doctor if you want to learn more about being a vegetarian or a vegan" but i don't believe any lifestyle, other than "healthy," should be like, encouraged.

12. Bryan

I have been a veggie for 6 years now, and I can understand why he would encourage students to go veg, it does make a lot of sense, but he a little crazy. He has only been doing it for 9 months, and wants to be seen as some sort of Vegan hero. However, if the school doesnt have a vegan alternative, I feel that what he is doing is justified, but if not, that is a little crazy.

13. Jeimuzu

Wow, that's rather melodramatic of him. Filing charges? That's gonna be thrown out so damn quick.

But yeah, it'll be funny when, after he doesn't turn up for a couple of days, he gets fired for not doing his job, they find a new guy, and suddenly he's out of work.

I don't really like the idea of veganism. I just think it's too far. Vegetarian, yes, I can comprehend that, but I can't see what's wrong with dairy products.

14. AlmightyFluffy

How is milk poison? Sure, it kinda gives a bad taste in your mouth after a few minutes, but if you don't milk a cow, it gets sick. To try to make people stop milking a cow would be saying you want the cows to get all not healthy and what not. Seriously, only a vegan for nine months, he's been at that school almost ten years, and all of a sudden he acts as if this is HORRIBLE SLAUGHTER HOUSE OF MAIM AND DESTRUCTION!!!
    Forget him, when I ordered lunch at my old school, they always had optional vegan meals and juice instead of milk. Everyone prefered the tripple patty cheese burgers and chocolate milk over a plate of carrots and juice that tastes like cardboard and in a cup seemingly designed to spill all over you.

15. xequar

My thoughts-if crazy teacher guy wants to go and quit because the school has a "Got Milk" poster on the wall of the cafeteria, more power to him. I mean, if one wants to be a vegan, good and great. If he's trying to get the school to simply offer a vegan alternative to accommodate vegan students, wonderful! But, if he's trying to force his veganism on the students because he's a crazy jackass (which is what this sounds like), sorry, no, that's going too far.

16. Re: egan teacher refuses to teach at "school that poisons kids with meat, milk"

I know there is alot of misinformation about babies and infants raised on a vegan diet, so to clarify, thats not entirely true. Yes, unfortunatly, it happens due to lack of information about the proper diet and the parents are to blame for that. If a person researches their diet, for themselves and their children, it can be healthy. There are numerous discussions and studies done if you care to look.
    Researching your diet is true of any diet.
    As for taking supplements, yes they do, though part of that is due to a general health-conscious personality over actual need.

17. sblvd06

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    This guy is such an idiot. Who the hell does he think he is? What kind of teacher tries to press their beliefs onto their students? :tantrum:

18. Perrygay

Perrygay Guest

This doesn't surprise me, stuff like this is always happening in New Jersey. He's just another crazy.

19. surfrboykai

now, i'm not a PETA person (i think they're almost like a terrorist organization, but that's a different story) but the real animal cruelty is that they keep the cows artificially pregnant so that they produce milk. so, which do you think is worse?

i also think that milk is meant for baby cows, not for people. however, i don't mind the consumption of dairy products, like cheese and yogurt. but milk is meant to fatten baby cows haha

20. Hydrogen

Did anyone hear his Radio interview this morning.. I forget who interviewed him, but it was national radio news...

Anyway, his is a lunatic. One of his statements was that "Violence in school is because children are being poisoned by the animals they eat, and it affects their brain development."